FBL Gyro BX DSM X Satellite Receiver Blinking

Bruno

I have a Micro BeastX receiver with 1 DSM X satellite receiver.

I replaced my cyclic servos with three new Align DS430Ms.

During centering of the servo horns, I noticed the satellite receiver blinking. Then it went solid. Ii tilted the heli a bit and it started blinking again for about 5 minutes the it went solid.

I am very particular with my receiver and satellite antenas' positioning according to expert specification and of course this forum's experts.

I think satellite blinking is typically NOT GOOD!!

Please help me understand what may cause the blinking.

Thank you.

Bruno

The ESC is Align RCE BL 35P, 35 AMP. Can this handle the DS430M?

The Tx was close to the satellite since I had the Tx out of the heli at the time.

I will NOT fly until it is resolved.

Thank you.

Bruno

I disconnected and re-connected the satellite receiver. The satellite lighted solid. However, the BX failed to find the Tx. So I did a rebind and it seems normal now.

Any suggestions are welcome.

Thank you.

holtneil

Hi mate I have known these to need a rebind if you make adjustments in the transmitter , but I cant help with why it did this sorry

NordCelt

I'm a retired test engineer. Over half the time if we had electronic components that developed a problem disconnecting everything then reconnecting the systems fixed the problem. Never knew why that fixed the problems but it was common knowledge to use it as a quick troubleshooting move. As engineers we never cared much why something fixed a problem, we just wanted to get it fixed and move on down the road to the next problem that would crop up.

If you do find out why things went wrong and why the fix worked I would be interested in hearing it but the important thing for me is how you just told me to watch for blinking lights on the satellite, disconnect, and rebind if I have a problem. Thanks for the info.

holtneil

Hi The rebinding thing is to do with the set up in the transmitter I was told this so I really dont know if its right , when your rebind as well as binding code is swapped between the transmitter and receiver and FBL gyro,also some setting are swapped over too like gyro rates and gains etc, not the main gain that you put in the FBL unit

Last edited:
Top Bottom