Busy day on the beach

Lee

Went down to fly on the beach today with my Funjet, tricopter and a couple of helis. When i got there the other two local pilots were there with a very interesting bird.
Only $1000 if you want one :D

100_2372.jpg

100_2373.jpg

100_2374.jpg

100_2375.jpg

100_2376.jpg

100_2377.jpg

100_2379.jpg

100_2380.jpg

100_2381.jpg

Lee

If i had that money to spend on a flying toy, it wouldn't be one of those. It would be a sick looking heli :D

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
I am sorry If I am being just ignorant.. But what's in that bird worth 1000? Am I missing something??? ;P

Tony

Staff member
It's not what's in it, it's what it's made out of. I don't even know what it's made out of, but I will bet money that it's carbon fiber.

RandyDSok

Sailplanes are very cool... with the proper conditions a good pilot can keep them up for as long as their batteries hold up.

My father has a old Hobie Hawk which has a 6' wingspan, undercambered wing that curved up on the ends. This plane could do it all, thermal or slope sailing...

Randy

Lee

These Gliders are full carbon except for the nose cone where the RX goes to avoid interference. They are hand made custom built.
Travis, they can been thrown from a hill and then use the dynamic lift and thermals to stay in the air. This one as you can see in the photos is being towed into the air by a line. They are also one of the fastest RC aircraft. If you look on you tube there is footage of one hitting 400MPH in dynamic soaring. Dynamic soaring is a special skill were you use to wind rotating over the back of a mountain ridge to accelerate to awesome speed.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
those sure are cool.. I have seen videos of these going crazy fast.. HEy.... to each his own.. I dont like it till there is a noise of the engine (or motor) on the plane.. but some like quite agility! :) :) lol All i gotta say is like you lee.. if i had a chance of spending 1000 bucks at once .. it woud be an awesome heli..

BTW.. i found like new condition trex 500 with scorpion motor and ar7000 with extra stock motor and blades and all that junk... all BNF for 500 bucks flat... Guess what my eyes are stuck on this christmas (for reals this time) :p :D heeheee

Top Bottom