FBL Gyro Busted ikon!!!!

cml001

A very disappointing afternoon! Today I felt as tho I finally got all the gains & gov settings right. This has taken a bit of work as I am/was new to iKon.. Been using the AR7200BX up to this point... I've had this unit not long.. Under 3mths.. Anyhow I felt good with it so the last thing to do was set up the self level... Bout had it too... 1 or 2 more tweeks and she would have been perfect.... Went to make a change and plug in... It broke... I'm not "ruff" at all w any of my fleet... I baby the crap out of them on the ground & on the bench. It's now loose inside the unit. LAME!! Sent iKon an email so we'll see what's up.. I purchased it from Grand RC as HeliDirect & Experienc RC was outta stock when I was shop'n for it. Not too comfy fly'n with the thing flop'n round in there so I guess I'm grounded pending this response from iKon. Any suggestions?

cml001

No.. It's running the 450... Gonna see what response I get from ikon & grand rc... I like the ikon a lot... & just got it tuned perfectly(for me)... It'll be fixed or replaced.. Hopefully under warranty as I've had it no time.

murankar

Staff member
Beastx is on the Gaui X7 that was used to win at heli masters. Just saying, lol.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

pvolcko

I think they have a known issues with a batch of ikon where the USB connector was prone to breaking like that. Hopefully they'll make it right. If not, with all the buzz around the vortex lately there should be some good ikon deals out there.

wolfman76

same thing happen to my ikon when i bought it a year ago when i emailed then to let them know they said they didn't have anymore ikons in stock but they had mshbrains in stock and asked if i was fine with one of those instead i said since it is the same so i am sure they will replace it... good luck

Lee

I would be shocked if they didn't replace it.
Did you have you file saved?

cml001

Yes & no... Iv tweek'd the ikon in 5 versions.. So I've got 5 files saved yes... This was the second time I since the the last save files that I made changes.. And had it perfect.. Just needed to adjust the SL from a slight drift left.. Which is what is was about to do before it broke off. Having said all that the last saved file should be a really good start... I had flown for a couple weeks with it like that. When/if I get a new/repaired ikon do u think I'm gonna need to start over anyway?

- - - Updated - - -

Pretty sure I'll be getting the Bluetooth for this unit. I don't have a problem with taking my laptop to the field... I'm an iPhone/iPad guy so no app, just the PC software. Hell, that's how I got it this far.. But definitely want the Bluetooth. Where does it plug into the ikon?

Last edited:

Lee

You plug it in the the little Molex connector next to the servo pins inside.
If you load the file you have already into the new unit, you should be good to go.
But always do a full check, before flying :D I know you will, just saying.

cml001

Kool. Was hoping I'd be able to.. Just wasn't sure.. Bluetooth is on the way! That way I can save my current file.

cml001

Just spoke the Grand RC.. Nothing! Won't do anything for me... Had trouble with them originally upon ordering the iKon... They sent me a customer return & not a new unit to start with and didn't have the gov adapter I had placed with this order... Never again will I have any dealings with them! Pissed, but still hopeful that iKon will fix this issue... Wait'n to see.

Slobberdog

Send heli direct an email, I believe they are the licence holder for the ikon, or go on HF and ping Chris Sexton a pm se if he can put a word in or give you a good contact

cml001

Ok.. So.. I was given a # to call.. Turns out to Heli-Directs distribution something or another... Larry(their rep) got me squared up! New unit is being sent.. AWESOME! He did ask me about my expierience with GRAND RC... So I didn't sugar coat it... Nor stomp on toes.. Just my honest experience was given.. He said there have been several similar issues w them.. So that being said I wouldn't advise any orders from them that one would require possible future customer service. I will continue my normal purchasing steps... Local Hobby Town shop, Heli-Direct, then Expierience RC... I can say nothing negative about any of those three shops. Thanks again Heli-Direct! AWESOME!

Top Bottom