Spektrum Buddy Box "How-to" with Spektrum DX8 and DX6i

Derek

I'm certainly not a pro, by any stretch of the imagination, but I thought I'd do a "How-To" video on setting up a "Buddy Box" with the Spektrum DX8 and the Spektrum DX6i transmitters using a JR cord that I purchased for $13.99 from my local hobby shop.

If you like this video enough, maybe it will make it into the "RCH How-To" section of the forum.

Here we go!!!

Spektrum DX8 and DX6i Buddy Box Setup "How-To" - YouTube

If I left something out, please let me know and I'll be more than happy to redo the video.

Tony

Staff member
Overall, it was pretty good. I think this will help some members out that are looking to buddy box in the future.

Derek

Thanks for catching that mistake. I've made the correction. Honestly, after re-watching the video, I know that I can do a better job. I'll work on it.

I just hope that it will help at least one person.

Tony

Staff member
The only thing that I see wrong with it, is once in a while you go off on a little talking binge lol. I do the same thing and have to edit it all out. Don't even mean to do it. It just happens

Derek

yep...I sure do. I don't even realize that I do it until I re-watch the video. ugh!

Lee

I will be trying this out myself in the next few weeks. Good to see it set up. I will be doing it with a 450 heli.

Derek

Curious question...on the Slave Tx...all the trim switches, dual rates, expo, etc, etc, should all be centered and default, right?

I'm only asking this because a guy at work was trying to tell me that you can adjust the trims, dual rates, and all on the Slave to match the Master Tx. I was under the impression that the Slave Tx got all the signals from the Master Tx. I could be wrong (again, lol) but I wanted to ask the forum.

Tony

Staff member
They should just have to be set at factory default. Just hook them up and make sure the control surfaces don't move when switching from one to another.

Derek

Take a look at YouTube, Graham. Search for my channel. Same name as I use on the forum. You can easily find the video there. I'm probably gonna redo the video so that its a bit shorter and less rambling.

Top Bottom