Micro Brushless Mcpx Problem

Jkflorida

I have a Plug in Play converter/esc combo with a SPIN 16,000kv motor. When I throttle up the motor spins for a second and then shuts off. Some times in idle up mode it works fine. Its like the esc is loosing power. Im running Xtreme 550mah 30c lipos. I have also solder the power wires together. Any help would be great. Thanks

Tony

Staff member
I went ahead and moved this into the micro section. It's easier for others to search for this issue if it comes up again.

Everyone, Jkflorida send me a message on youtube about this issue. I know I have seen this issue before but I can't remember what the solution was. Let's help this guy out.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Is this a kit programmed with the governor in it?

More than likely , these esc's come with an arming procedure... If you follow it, it will.. May be... Take away that issue. You have to bind in throttle hold every battery, throttle hold off you'll hear beeps and then on again, and then off and then fly.

Or else if its a mcpx v2.. While binding the board to your Tx, did you hold the rudder stick right to have it bind? If that's not followed, board will act up in giving esc the signals.

Once all that is good, check the gear mesh. My mcpx BL did that. The issue was gear mesh and I had to elongate the motor holes a bit and get the gear mesh right to have to stop doing that. It also frees up a ton of power!

Fly safe!! :) have fun!

Lee

Gear mesh was my issue too. Just the slightest bit too tight and my motor would shut down.

Tony

Staff member
What was it about the ESC that fixed it? This could help soemone out later on if you can post a detailed post about what you did.

Jkflorida

Just got back from my hobby shop. The problem was the esc. It had a bad conection to the board. The ground wire poped right off with a little wiggle.

Tony

Staff member
I just had a bad solder joint on a servo on my 600. Hard to find, but a simple fix once you do.

Top Bottom