heli-maniac

As you may know i just bought this Ikon to go on my 550
well its just not for me so its for sale so i can buy a AR7200BX to put on it
SOLD

Last edited:

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
Re: Brand new IKON

Have you flown her with it at all? You need to do that first before you sell it. I would think that the ar7200bx would be the same!

heli-maniac

the Ar7200bx is cake to do
im just not liking the ikon so far
hell im starting to hate this 550 it may be going up for sale also

murankar

Staff member

Wow change in heart? You need to put it in the air before you give up on it. Good luck with it.

wolfman76

i have yet to put my 500 in the air with the msh brain which is the same as the ikon but so far i am liking its ease of setup... Well good luck either way jesse

Graham Lawrie

Thats really interesting to hear Jesse:) I was looking at one yesterday as there had been several comments on here about them. I was not aware you could only change on a laptop. I read about the levelling feature of it and thought that was a good idea:) Lee was singing its praises and he is normally right on the mark:)

I also read yesterday that quite a few people have found it "Twitchy" but that could be there set up. For all that money i would have liked to be able to use it like any other gyro and have a manual set up?? A lot of cash for a system you are not happy with.

Lee

Yep the only down side for me is the fact you need the PC to alter thing. And being a Mac guy, that doubly frustrating. But the benefits in the air far out weigh that little annoyance. I'm half tempted to swap you for my AR7200, but my 600 is flying so good on it right now. If you haven't sold it soon, I may change my mind.
Guys this is a good deal if anybody wants one. Snap it up.

Graham Lawrie

I would love to but no cash:( I have done a little research as you and Tony have mentioned the Ikon. Maybe the next model will have a manual feature? I have seen these advertised in Ireland for £165. Still a lot ofmoney for a laptop changer?

Lee

Thats were i got mine Graham. Its the cheapest place on the planet to buy an Ikon.

Tony

Staff member

Guys, this is a Great gyro. If you are thinking about an Ikon, then this is a great deal. They retail for $225, so you are getting $15 off for a brand new gyro. If I had the coinage, this would be going on the RCH Heli in a second!

Ken Jackson

Interesting. Sounds like maybe the AR7200bx may be the preferred? Beastx won't allow changes from the TX, the Ikon is a pain without a PC, not MAC friendly. Don't recall what was said about the 3GX but have only had mine for a month so I have no complaints so far. The default setup rates are working for me. I thought about slowing down the roll over rate because I'm almost doing a double anyway. Hey I'll practice the double. Only problem is it rolls a lot faster in the air as opposed to the simulator.

HaHa
Ken

heli-maniac

got some trades being offered but i would rather sale it and just buy a new one
just a peace of mind for me

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Interesting. Sounds like maybe the AR7200bx may be the preferred? Beastx won't allow changes from the TX, the Ikon is a pain without a PC, not MAC friendly. Don't recall what was said about the 3GX but have only had mine for a month so I have no complaints so far. The default setup rates are working for me. I thought about slowing down the roll over rate because I'm almost doing a double anyway. Hey I'll practice the double. Only problem is it rolls a lot faster in the air as opposed to the simulator.

HaHa
Ken

I hate to say this here but ... Ikon is good enough that once you have set it up you DONT NEED. To connect to the computer lol

I have been flying one. And yes it needs a computer for changes but I never had to make changes lol it's been flying as is since i installed it

Fly safe!! :) have fun!

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot

PC set up is what you have to do on any FC. there is. Ikon Brain NAZA GPS EXC. EXC. Once set up you forget about it! Anyways WHAT IS SO HARD ABOUT HOOKING UP A USB CABLE FIREING UP A PROGRAM AND GETTING INTO IT????? I don't get it!

heli-maniac

well you both have one of each so you can put them side buy side
i just dont like it just from the set up and if you do need to make a adjustment to it then you cut down your flying time from what i see
and i dont want to have to take my laptop to go fly just in case
something that should be so simple to do only took 5 hrs to get it done and now need a new main gear
after changing steps it let the talon arm with the thr. at mid stick witch the talon will not arm till full low stick so it was not a good day for the 550
the 550 is trying to be like my 450 never wants to fly i guess

canongraphy

Wish I had the money, and knew if I wanted this for sure, but its still no to both at the moment. I have money going every direction at the minute anyway, and I am still looking for a 450, but yes someone will grab this up.
Setting up on a computer is no problem, and easier for us older guys with less than perfect sight! LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom