FBL Gyro Brain question

treff

Hi all, could some tell me how to get the brain tail gyro to work from the TX.
It there a box to tick in the brain software. If yes could you tell me where abouts
it is in the program.I am trying to alter the gyro gain but it does not seem to make
any difference when I do it on the tx so I presume the Brain software is doing it.
If so can I switch back to the tx. Many thanks for any replies

Lee

Go to the transmitter set up page in the Ikon software. There is a tail gain slider.
With your Ikon plugged in and radio on, you should be able change the gyro gain in you radio, and see the gain % increase in the software.

treff

Thanks Lee. So you can not alter the gyro in the TX alone, the Ikon needs to be connected to the computer?

Last edited:

pvolcko

Ikon software allows you to either use a transmitter channel to control the tail gain or you can program it for each bank setting. The default is for it to be set by the transmitter.

The screen Lee told you to look at (screen 4) will let you know if in fact the gyro output is assigned to your expected switch and that it is being seen by the ikon properly (the "gain" slider). Assuming that is working as expected then later in the setup there is a screen where you can control if the transmitter channel is used for tail gain or if it is set in software.

That screen is.... screen 8 (tail setup) There is a box at the bottom of the screen called "Proportional Gain" with a checkbox labeled "Is set in software". If you want the transmitter to control this then make sure this checkbox is *unchecked*.

If you do not see the slider changing on screen 4 when you flip your tail gain control switch (or change the gyro setting in your transmitter) then we need to know what transmitter you are using to help you figure out what is misconfigured there.

treff

Thanks pvolcko everything sorted thanks and working ok just need flight time. I had the tail gain set to high. Just waiting for more spares. Thanks.

Top Bottom