Boy in man's clothing

sj71

Hi all

I have a Raptor 50 nitro and a few small electric heli's. (Mostly Blade stuff) I'm not competent nose in yet but flying the msr at myself will hopefully sort that out!
I picked up an Apprentice S plane as I thought that would be ideal for getting nose in, but the space to fly it has been an issue so far...
I'm a digger driver during the day to keep me in spending money. Hands on sticks supposedly helps with learning to fly.
I've just built an Align 800E DFC Pro super combo all by myself* with a DX9 as the Raptor is 35 meg on a FF9 radio.
This site and youtube have been brilliant as the Align manual is rubbish after the initial build!
I'm considering stripping the 800E and building it again taking pics as I go but with a novice perspective. That way all the things I got stuck on (which I guess are common to all electric heli's) I can answer in my simple way like after playing with the sticks and scratching my head for hours, explain that the ESC needs to be set up kind of like the receiver and not "just work".

* This site and Freddy can fly on youtube can be credited with 80% of that all by myself quote (",)

Happy flying everyone

Steve

Top Bottom