Micro Bling Bling 180cfx

I loved your video on matching KV motor to the prop size of an airplane. I've seen YouTube videos of 180s with some bling here and there and people either like it or they complain about it the bird flies good without it however I want to build one with all of the bling just to do it. I have a lynx stretch kit and I'm going to put 180 mm blades also I'm going to run a micro Ikon. I don't know the total weight but say a exaggerated extra 30 grams what size motor would I put just for sport flying. Then the ESC would be anywhere from 15 to 30 amp unit. The servos I figure we'll be the best ones I can get that will fit inside the frame. I guess basically I am saying I need help with all the electronics.
(Trying to build a monster)

Tony

Staff member
That one I'm going to have to leave to those that have this helicopter. I'm sure someone here has upgraded the motor on theirs.

murankar

Staff member
The motor that comes with the 180 is more than capable. The only reason you have for upgrading the motor is because you like to spend money.

Actually I'm new to the sport but that's what I wanted to hear because that motor is a pretty much of a beast 5800 KV yeah. That is settled now I'm thinking of switching the gyro to an icon only because the Spektrum system only allows you to use Spektrum servos cuz they're reversed this way I have more options and parts availability 4 rebuild that is

murankar

Staff member
Gyro yes improve that because the ikon will be more adjustable .

The only reason to bling that heli is for the same reason as upgrading the motor. It's mostly just to spend money.

Admiral

With mine I didn't touch the motor, it already had enough power the rip the spines off the standard torque tube, instead I upgraded the TT to CF & Aluminum splines. I replaced the cyclic gears with metal gears and replaced the tail servo with an Align DS420MG, your right it operates the opposite rotation so I put arm on the other side bent the tail push rod to suit. I also replaced the canopy with a CF one.

It flies well my only complaint now is the frailty of the skids, you can brake them with a solid landing.

I'm glad you brought that up with me I am not very successful Landing this bird I break either the torque tube or the skids one or the other I've had some good Landings but my God you just touched a piece of grass or anything and it's just it's just it's on the border of almost not being fun

Top Bottom