500 BLADES???

wolfman76

I know I probably sound like a dummy asking but it has been so long I dont remember what size blades to order for the 500 any suggestions everyone for the budget oriented? I know they are 4xxmm sumthin

wolfman76

Great is what I thought size wise just wasn't for sure thanks do you know where he got them I sww them on helidirect

Derek

Unfortunately, Zeal blades don't come in the 425mm length. That's a real bummer! But, the 425mm blades is what you will be looking for, Kyle!

I have the Zeal blades on my 450 and possibly I will be have them for my 600 in the near future.

stokke

430 will do just fine. I also fly with the blue Align 425's - I like them very much. I have also tested RJX and Edge 430's - I liked them also. Just stay away from any fiberglass crap!

wolfman76

these are what i have had on it and have been ok but if i can go for sumthin a lil better in quality i would provided i get me a job and can afford them... 2pairs 430mm Glass Fiber Main Rotor Blade For Trex 500 (4pcs) they are what i had on the heli in the crash video on my youtube channel i saw the blue align blades those looked pretty good RJX looked a lil pricey for the moment i got plenty of time seeing as i also have to get a new main gear one-way bearing now

concept30

I guess im the only one that still Fly FB helis, i know you just talking about how long they are but I know of some blades for FB and they are really really tough, they are called TIG blades there 425mm, just thought i would add that for you Kyle.

Ken Jackson

Actually when I first converted to flybarless I was still crashing a lot. So I had plenty of flybar blades laying around. I found that flying a flybarless helicopter with flybar blades had a softer feel. I was more comfortable with them. Eventually I stopped using them as I got better. The difference is where the blades are weighted. On flybarless blades I believe the weight is moved outward to simulate the effect of a flybar.

Ken

Ken Jackson

After looking at some of my videos with dark blades they show up just fine on sunny days so I retract my comment.

cml001

Wolfman... Give a look at the Rail blades.. I know everyone who knows me knows I dig'm and are probably sick of seeing me type Rail every time someone asks about blades.. But they are smooth, responsive... Just a great blades... Try'm out!

Last edited:

murankar

Staff member
I amvwith ya cml, just don't have $40 a pop for a set of blades. I wouldn't even have the set I have now if it was not for Jessie. I just love them blades. I had a real nice floating auto with them on my X3. Well it floated for a 450 anyways.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

cml001

Lol.... Autos w a 450 are tuff! I didn't realize how ruff till I tried them on the 550... 450s don't float well.. Lol

murankar

Staff member
When the wind blows just right and collective management is spot on, it will but not for long.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

cml001

Thread jacked! If u have an auto bailout via the ESC or FBL unit... Use it to practice.. It helps.. Now back to the subject at hand.. What blades did u go with Wolfie?

Graham Lawrie

Love my Zeal blades they are mega cool Kyle:) Rails are very cool also but it all comes down to Cash$$$$££££:)

Top Bottom