Quad Blades not moving

scovik88

Hi All,
My wife got me my first drone for my birthday. It's a Contixo F24 Pro. I was able to get it in the air for the first time last week, I got it to run into the garage door first... anyway, I got about 75' up and took a nice tour of the neighborhood brought it back, everything was good.
The second time I did the same as the first, but can't get the rotors to power up at all. My app says "Ready to Fly" but it just sits there. Any suggestions? Thanks.

RandyDSok

You will need to go through the model... more than likely you have a wire or wires loose. Look at all of them but focus on throttle and the power lines going to the motors. Inspect everything after you have had a crash... always.

Look for information on how to calibrate the throttle to your model's motors. The ESC's will not arm the motors if it senses them out of calibration. Calibration is just setting the throttle end points... ie 100% and 0% so the ESC can translate your radio's throttle position into the amount of power to the motors properly.

In addition... do not fly an RC model indoors unless it is explicitly stated to be made for that and very few are made for that. Don't go out without reading up on recommended safety procedures. The AMA has some good information about safety, their safety rules are almost thorough enough to be a good place to start as they are both rules and guidance at the same time. So if you didn't get it when I first said it... Do not fly inside your garage or any enclosed area. If it is too windy to fly outside, don't fly, wait for a day that is not too windy. Period.

Here is the AMA website Academy of Model Aeronautics

Drone the definition... any vehicle that can navigate itself or be controlled by a pilot using first person view ( FPV ) cameras to pilot the craft. Drones include airplanes, helicopters, multi-copters, ground vehicles, boats and submersibles. Yours is part of the multi-copter family, specifically a quad copter. If it is not navigating on its own or being controlled through a FPV setup... it is not being a drone at that time.. it's simply a quad copter.

scovik88

Thanks for the reply Randy,
I ran the quad into the outside of my garage door, and I definitely had to check it over. I was sure I broke something. But everything looked good and then I took it up for a nice long flight and everything worked great. Then brought it in and charged everything for the next days flight and I got the drone sync with my controls but pushing the stick did nothing??? Should I go ahead and recalibrate? or maybe check better for damage?

RandyDSok

I'd recalibrate if for no other reason than to rule it out as the issue. If that doesn't help, then look into other issues. If it has plug in wires, unplug and replug them and then after that... look for the less obvious damages.

Most calibrations require the throttle on the radio to be moved through a full range... right after you plug in power. Most will be start at full throttle and then lower all the way down but it could be anything... so check your manual for instructions to be certain you are using their method. It may be a good idea to remove the props for safety reasons... just in case.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Hey there scovik88. Before flipping on the engage switch to your quad did you move the throttle stick left and right before engaging the quad? It's like a safety procedure before engaging the quad? Also in the beta fight make sure that the quad low end is set to 1000, the mid-end is set to 1500 and the high end is set to 2000 in the TX mapping section.

Top Bottom