500 blade tracking issue.

danhampson

i think it may work because the brain was making changes to the swash but the head was out of phase, so its making the wrong adjustments then trying to correct those with the wrong adjustments and so on......

I wont be able to test it until Sunday weather permitting.

danhampson

ive been out and had a test flight, phasing didnt make any difference to the self level, but the heli did feel more locked it and the interaction wasn't as bad, so some of it is me. I dont have the interaction when sat on the sim so as an experiment i stood up on the sim and low and behold there it was, just like at the field.
So sim practice is going to be done stood up from now on. Any suggestions on how to train it out.

Island Breeze

Senior Rc-Help Member
I have a separate TV for sim that is set at eye level for me and yes I too also stand sometimes to get that real feel. lol "sometimes".

pvolcko

I had issues with rudder input on aggressive collective use. Still do, but it is getting better. Only way to train it out is to be aware of it and perform maneuvers that force the problem to come out so you can develop muscle memory in the correct way to do it.

You said that you don't have the issue sitting, but do when standing. This may indicate that you need to move your Tx neck strap, if you use one. Otherwise you may need to find a different level to hold the Tx at or perhaps a new angle. Before training it out, try different Tx positions and angles to see if you can find something that is comfortable and reduces or eliminates the issue. If you do use a neck strap when flying IRL, then use it on the sim too.

danhampson

Thanks for that I'll try some different strap lengths next time I fly and sim. I've had the tx On me knee when simming So it is a lot lower than IRL.

Tony

Staff member
This is the reason people use the Tx levelers. They dont' actually level the Tx, they put it in a position that is easier to hold. I never understood it until I started pinching the sticks. Now, I want one and I'm more than likely going to order one when I get flying again.

danhampson

I've changed the swash, dampeners and blades today. Had a short test hover to check the tracking and it was perfect.
The dampeners I fitted are a lynx Heli upgrade and the new blades are spin 465 FBL with this combination it seems to be a lot more responsive on cyclic and softer on collective, but that is just a first impression from a very short hover.
I'm hoping to take her out in the morning to give her a more thorough testing.

Top Bottom