General Blade SR Owners -PLEASE HELP this newbie with SETUP using my DX6i!!!!

Okay...If you're a Blade SR owner you're aware that according to the manual, "when you raise the collective/throttle the swashplate LOWERS to increase the pitch", right...which is contrary to most CCPM Helis which do the opposite.

After I Setup and Leveled my swashplate, which included: Setting the Servo directions, interactions and centering of the servo arm linkages at 90deg...Leveling of the swashplate at mid-stick (mechanically), and at low-stick and high-stick (electronically via travel adjust) and then setting the collective and cyclic ranges.

This is where the trouble begins...I end up with +11deg pitch at "LOW-STICK"...0deg+ pitch at mid-stick...-12deg of pitch at "HIGH-STICK"?????? This is of course the opposite of what you want in a CCPM heli. We've tried everything to reverse this situation to no avail! We actually set up a reversed pitch curve and she flew, but I know that's not right. Nobody has done that on any of the dozens of setups I've seen for the SR!?

I know this must be something simple (I hope!) that we are missing...

Thank you so much for your time and I hope to hear from you SOON!

Terry Branch
"HeliBaby1527"
Va. Beach, VA

Have you replaced the blade grips? I don't have an SR but got a 450, I've made this mistake before and put the grip rods on the leading edge instead of trailing edge...this caused your exact problem..

Yes, I have...With the Microheli aluminum set. I will check that out...Thank you so much, Blackwarrior!

HeliBaby1527

- - - Updated - - -

Nope, Blackwarrior...the Bell Mixer arms are "centered" on the blade grips...so reversing/flipping would make no difference. Great try though! I'm sure it's something simple like that!!!!

Thanks again,

HeliBaby1527

Buga that... Can you post any pics of your head, this will help other members to identify the problem... Someone on the forum will have the answer I'm sure...lol

Slobberdog

lol, thanks butt I was looking in the post not the title.

Go into your swash mix menu and whatever value you have got for the pitch value take it to the opposite value

eg if you got +60 take it to -60

Slobberdog

the bleade sr should have trailing edge control you have the blade grips set up as leading edge control.

eflite_blade_sr.jpg

eflite_blade_sr.jpg

Okay, Kev...But I'm not understanding what you mean? My grips and head look just like yours to me...with the leading blade edge in front for a clockwise rotation? Please excuse my inexperience...IMG_0159.jpg Does this picture help?

IMG_0159.jpg

EyeStation

I am gonna stayed tuned into this thread. My brothers is so sluggish in the controls and I have to figure out how to make those a bit more responsive on the cyclic side.
I put in those settings for the swash mix that you gave me, and at least I can get it elevated into flight. Just pushing full stick to keep it in one place.

OMG, Kev...NOW I think I finally see what you mean! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!
I will keep you posted after I get everything turned around!!!! You are the MAN...:party:

All MY THANKS!
Terry Branch

OMG, Kev...NOW I think I finally see what you mean! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!
I will keep you posted after I get everything turned around!!!! You are the MAN...:party:

All MY THANKS!
Terry Branch

Hey Terry, you should have checked that properly on the first answer you got today.... I mentioned that hours ago and you said it was ok..... Hmmm

- - - Updated - - -

You were right, Blackwarrior! I just couldn't see it! THANK YOU!

Never mind mate, this is a learning curve for ALL OF US as RC pilots... Lol

murankar

Staff member
I had that very same problem after rebuilding my exi 450 pro. My issue was the collar below the flybar cage. I had it upside down which caused a trailing edge control issue. Once i solved that the control issued was solved.

So in the end you have to pay attention to the linkage control point on the grips.

On a side note my Gaui manual pictured the blade grip ball link to be trailing edge but every pic i saw on the net showed leading edge, guess which option i chose. In fact jessie and gaba were there when i noticed it. I should post a message to tsh Gaui to let them know the flaw in the manual.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

My Bad!, Blackwarrior...Sorry, but I just couldn't see the answer...I'll never make that same mistake again! Thank you for "cutting me some slack". I am learning so much from you guys! This is an awesome website and the people on here are awesome too!

All my best,
Terry
HeliBaby1527

My Bad!, Blackwarrior...Sorry, but I just couldn't see the answer...I'll never make that same mistake again! Thank you for "cutting me some slack". I am learning so much from you guys! This is an awesome website and the people on here are awesome too!

All my best,
Terry
HeliBaby1527

Terry we are all one big brotherhood here, and everyone of us had made a mistake somewhere. Helis are complex machines and where all learning all the time...

I'm glad you've sorted it, next thing we will ask for is........... Yes you've guessed....videos...lol

Happy flying

Top Bottom