General Blade pitch setting Trex 550E DFC

totoheat

Hello Guys

I just got here and am in trouble already, am working on my 550 and I run DIR mode in 3gx and when I try to set 0 digress on my blades at center stick I find out that actually I got it but at 40% on my Tx stir of 50% I know am doing some thing wrong but I double check length on the linkages and DFC arms have no tread to compensate looks to me like if swash plate was high

Advices will be much appreciated

Thanks

Tony

Staff member
I'm not sure I'm following your issue, but I will try to hit on a couple pointers that should help you out.

First thing is first. Make sure your linkages on your DFC head are screwed all the way in. There should be no threads or gaps on the linkage.

the way you are going to set yoru mid stick is with the swash to servo links only. If you end up having different full positive and full negative pitches, then your servo arms are not at perfect 90º.

So the first thing you will do after screwing in yoru DFC linkages all the way is set your servo arms to 90º in DIR mode. Once you are perfectly 90º, put yoru Tx to mid stick and check for 0º of pitch. If you are not at 0. then use the 3 swash to servo links to get 0º. Once that is done, check full positive and full negative pitch. If they are the same, then you are done, if they are different, then your servo arms are not centered.

Hope this helps.

totoheat

Tony,Thanks

Finally I got it

The problem was that DFC arms where not full tread so once corrected I just adjust Servo-Swash plate linkages to correct length and now I have zero pitch at mid stick

just awaiting for good weather to try it on the air

totoheat

Get it on video! We would love to see it in action.

Guys Hello

I have tested in field the Trex 550E and all was fun I make a very short video as promised sorry its very poor quality (Cheap phone) but I just like to thanks for all help I get from you all to get this build completed, my first one by the way

the heli end very smooth and stable like a rock not even was necessary to adjust blade tracking at field it just came out perfectly

I really enjoy it cause I have many problems on every hover and landing, well not any more !!!! I knew something was wrong

now will all updates I make to main shaft block from Helioption and new motor plate base new method to set mesh etc... it change a lot

I have a bad begin due to a bad shape DEAN connector that went to short circuit on ESC but I quick fix it to complete the test so hope enjoy and thanks again

here link:

IMGP0003 - YouTube

it would take a little while to upload

:yahoo::hugging:

THANKS

totoheat

Hello

No,its an Align 550E DFC there is 2 things I change on it: Canopy with Fins and I remove the Head stopper as I don't like it

I have SAB blades both Main rotor and Tail rotor

its a very poor and short video it may be that the reason that you don't identified correctly, I have no reason to lie

Thanks

Top Bottom