600 Blade offering 100 bucks to anyone wanting to return the 550X esc

pvolcko

Guess I'm on the market again for a new ESC. From what I've been reading this is usually hitting people after they've been flying a number of back to back batteries/sessions. I've so far only run two in succession. ESC gets a touch warm but not bad. But rather not risk it now that they've come out with some hard numbers (6%). What surprises me is that they're just giving up on supplying ESCs at all. No repair. Not issuing replacements. They're even pulling them from their kits and bumping the price down a hundred bucks. Not selling them anymore either.

At least they're offering cash back on these, even if you haven't experienced a problem.

- - - Updated - - -

Or maybe not... have to find my receipt. doh!

xokia

with some hard numbers (6%).
While HH says 6% isn't that many and they are playing it down

What surprises me is that they're just giving up on supplying ESCs at all. No repair. Not issuing replacements. They're even pulling them from their kits and bumping the price down a hundred bucks. Not selling them anymore either.
That should be a big red flag as a vote of no confidence in the unit and they dont want to deal with it anymore. I would not fly that unit at all myself with the stance they are taking.

I give them props for stepping up and admitting its faults and offering their customers a solution. Someone like Align would sell you the fix and call it an upgrade without batting an eye.

Last edited:

Tony

Staff member
6% is not a big number, but think of it this way. They are not acting like Castle did with their fire bomb ESC's and just letting people fly them. They are taking a proactive measure towards any bad items and giving you the option of buying another ESC. HH is doing the right thing here! Electronics are going to have issues from time to time, and I have to applaud HH for standing up to their issues!

pvolcko

Well, got a castle edge 130 on the way. Once it gets here I'll be putting in for the $100 back. No sense risking it, plus this is a better ESC anyway.

pvolcko

Hmm... Place I ordered from last night left a message today they were out of stock with no ETA. Ordered from a second place. They listed 5 available. Got a message they ran out with a 2 week ETA. Called the LHS. They're supplier has them on order too, but the price was $30 cheaper than at the two places I was looking at. So I'm ordering with them and we'll see when it comes in. Thought about going with a 120 HV edge or ice2, but won't be going higher than 6S with this heli and replacing a 130A unit stock so figured best to stick with the Edge non-HV.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
the difference in support Graham. If you can afford it.. getting something with good support helps a lot :D

not saying YEP is bad but there is very low company support. Castle has had and has some issues, like any other.. but they support their products. To me that matters also when looking at buying something. :)

But if money is not there and bird needs to get some air.. I am all about getting the cheaper option :)

pvolcko

One of the guys locally with a 550X just had his ESC burn up mid flight, total loss on the helicopter. I'm grounding mine until I get a replacement ESC, now that I have the 700E to fly while waiting. 130A ESCs are hard to come by, I'm hearing early July for the CC Edge 130A I've been trying to get a hold of.

Can I run a higher rating ESC and just make sure not to run it to full throttle/gov settings? And if I get a HV ESC but only feed it 6S will that reduce the current delivery capacity of the ESC?

xokia

Can I run a higher rating ESC and just make sure not to run it to full throttle/gov settings? And if I get a HV ESC but only feed it 6S will that reduce the current delivery capacity of the ESC?
the voltage determines how fast the engine runs. So sticking a larger ESC and running at 100% throttle is no problem. The motor and load determines how much current is used. The ESC regulates voltage.

pvolcko

Then maybe my solution is to get a 120A HV Ice2 for this one too. Or the edge equivalent. Will check around on availability.

Top Bottom