Blade MCPX adventures

Adam

Ok so anyone who owns an MCPX feel free to post some videos up i think im on like flight 15 in my living room cause i get home when it is dark which is starting to get on my nerves but hey im getting tons of overtime. So tonight i finally crashed it good enough that the ball links came undone and if you got big fingers those could be fun for a person lol. I even popped the swash out of the ati rotation bracket on this crash lol. Out of all these flights and crashes there is still not even a scratch on this thing. This is really great for converting sim into real life. Enjoy the loss of orientation and crash guys there will be more vids to follow.
[video=youtube_share;w3nTXRA5nbI]http://youtu.be/w3nTXRA5nbI[/video]

Tony

Staff member
The mCP-X is infinitely easier to fly. Not only is it more stable to a point, but there is the size factor as well. It's smaller so you are not as intimidated of it.

Adam

because if the size it actually looks like it responds like a 450 In the cyclic. now tow tail not so much. I think if a person already flies or hovers this would be an awesome practice SIM. thus should get me over my orientation panic sticking. I hope

murankar

Staff member
I have to agree the orientation panic does not set in till I get to nose in. When my main gear stripped I decided to just go for it and started flying. First I went from left to right and right to left. After I calmed down after a couple of passes I went into a full circle. The first time I felt the panic because I was thinking of it and thought "What if I lose control." Then it happened I THOUGHT i was going to lose it as it came around to nose in. All I did to fix it was just sped up the tail rotation so I ended doing a half pyro to get back to tail in. At that point the main gear was toast so I ended in an auto because I lost way to much mesh and head speed.

Adam

ok so no vid tonight but I attempted inverted lol. first was a fail throttle cut grass. second none I got it tried flipping it back over fail. finally broke something. tail boom snapped made one longer out of solid c.f. CA ed the motor mount on and it works great and I learned what you guys meant by tail kicking out only does on big collective change

Adam

Ok so here is a picture of the solid cf tail boom which is extended about an 1 1/2 inches. I had to trim some left rudder so the tail will hold and it worked fine. and the tail doesnt kick out as bad with this and if it breaks it has room to be smaller but this is alot better than factory.
20120927_190037.jpg
and yes i still have fast flight on the heli which is why i had an hard time doing inverted.
20 flights in and all i have had to do is make a tail boom which i already had on hand i recommend getting one it is helping me alot with orientation

20120927_190037.jpg

Adam

there is no trim in the rudder anymore i replaced the tail blade with kbdd. But i think you can trim an mcpx. If someone knows let me know please

murankar

Staff member
For some reason when I read the post I had 450 in my head. Since that is a motor drive tail you would have to.

Tony

Staff member
There is no trimming the tail. You just plug the battery in and don't touch it so the gyro can initialize correctly.

Adam

got it resolved. is the tail boom too long or about right. I've heard make it longer so I did

Tony

Staff member
Rule of thumb is 1" and no more. But in all honesty, I never really noticed a difference. If I remember correctly, even with my brushless dual tail setup I'm still running 5" and not 6".

Adam

good cause when I broke the original it broke at the frame so if it does that obviously another crash I cab trim it down and get two out of one lol.and yes I wrapped the wire better after that pic

Adam

Ok so 5 more flights in and im working on inverted and getting better the longest was 16 sec and flipping back over and landing these are bloopers for now this is what you get. I am having a blast with this thing. So far damage 1 tail boom 1 canopy grommet lost and i have finally broke a blade dont ask ok so the heli was flown into my sons house and bounced i mean bounced lol.
[video=youtube_share;gqaAUgVikP8]http://youtu.be/gqaAUgVikP8[/video]
[video=youtube_share;Du9X1hIgON4]http://youtu.be/Du9X1hIgON4[/video]

Adam

So i am getting real good getting inverted and back now. I am working on my controls in inverted and i am getting it down still make mistakes but it is a whole new territory for me. This thing is really helping my orientation. I can do nose in no worries and fly around like nothing but once i can do all of this with confidence i think im grounding my 450s except for normal flying.

Top Bottom