Micro Blade mCP-X Instability Issue (Wobble)

Tony

Staff member
Here is the video of the issue I'm having guys. I know I can do a search for this on the interwebz but i thought I would post a video to see if you guys know the answer to it and maybe it will help someone else later on.

The issue started after the tail motor locked up and I hit the concrete really hard. IMO I think it's a board issue and not a parts issue like the swash. Let me know what you think.

http://youtu.be/-aHsm2a7RXY

Lee

That's what mine did with the damaged shaft. Mine also twitches when I first plug it in. Have you cleaned the servo contacts? I will see if mine is better when the wind stops.

Tony

Staff member
That's what mine did with the damaged shaft. Mine also twitches when I first plug it in. Have you cleaned the servo contacts? I will see if mine is better when the wind stops.

I have not done anything that was not listed. I wanted a full thread on this issue since I'm sure it will help someone else out. I will be tearing the servos apart and cleaning them, I will also be taking the head apart and checking everything as well.

Are you sure the main shaft is not bent? Or the bearing blocks are miss allied?

The main shaft is carbon fiber so it can't bend. It can however split and cause a torsion effect. As stated above, I will be tearing into it today. I need to fly it more lmao.

Lee

Ok just put mine back together. The wobble has gone, except when I make a sharp right aile input. Then it's just minor. I think mine is a dirty servo but I'll leave it for now.

jamiem

Have you guys got the canopy grommets fitted to the swash to servo links on the swash? This is a common fix for a wobbling MCPx and is standard on the v2.

Lee

I have put mine back together. Wobble has almost gone. Only with sharp right aile do i get a minor shake. I think its due to a dirty servo. Doesn't bother me yet so i'll leave it for now.
@Jamie
Yep for me. Grommets all over the chip shop :)

Lee

I have put mine back together. Wobble has almost gone. Only with sharp right aile do i get a minor shake. I think its due to a dirty servo. Doesn't bother me yet so i'll leave it for now.
@Jamie
Yep for me. Grommets all over the chip shop :)

Tony

Staff member
Yes, I have those grommets on the swash. You can just barely see it in the video. I'm editing some videos, setting up my new lappy and burning backup disks and once I'm done with that, I will be tearing into this helicopter.

Tony

Staff member
Okay so I tore the heli apart today, main shaft is perfect, swash is still good so I moved onto the servos. I took each one of them off then took it apart and removed the grease from the contacts and cleaned the crap out of it. once back together I stuck a battery in it and went outside. Just after takeoff, it did flutter like it was, but I was able to power out of it and went to flying.

As I was flying, I noticed a wasp flying right in my face, bad mojo lol. So I hit the kill switch, let it drop, hit the wasp with my hat and killed it. That's right, I'm a bad mutha lol. Then, after putting the main gear back on and one of the blade links, flew it again.

I had done some flips and they were pretty good so it was time to see if I could do some aileron rolls. While inverted (full right cyclic) the tail blows out on me. I was able to save it but this double tail is not working like I think it should. Oh well, time to get a brushless tail. Yeah right, Align 450 Pro, New lappy, I'm so in the dog house it's not even funny lmao. No parts for my toys for a while lmao.

Lee

Gutters gone after cleaning servos. I'm in the Mac store buying toys. No Internet at home for 3days now:(

Lee

Internet was back when we got home. But I'm $350 lighter now my Mac has a new screen. They said it wouldn't be ready till next week, but once we drove the 1 1/2 home, there was a miss call from them???

- - - Updated - - -

Internet was back when we got home. But I'm $350 lighter now my Mac has a new screen. They said it wouldn't be ready till next week, but once we drove the 1 1/2 home, there was a miss call from them???

Tony

Staff member
lol, that figures but at least you have your computer and internet back, even if it is an apple lol. Now get to posting, you have missed a LOT lol.

Top Bottom