Blade mCP-X Brushless Maiden Flight

Tony

Staff member
Tony submitted a new Article:

Blade Mcp-x Brushless Maiden Flight

Here it is everyone, the maiden flight of the brushless conversion on the mCP-X. This thing has more power than it needs with the HP05 brushless motor, and that 120SR tail is rock solid. When I flip it inverted and the wind catches it, I had to hold full positive collective, and full forward cyclic, and it moved the tail about 90º, but I could have moved the rudder as well. This is much better now.

If you have any questions, come over to the forum. I'm finding it harder and harder to get on here to answer questions, but I'm trying to keep up with everything on the forum. Come on over, join, and post up. We would like to get to know all of you that are on here. Thanks for watching.

[video=youtube_share;NOy9reWzxd0]

Read more about this article here...

Last edited:

Tony

Staff member
One week after this video was shot, I was out at the flying field and had my first crash with the brushless setup. I thought I was just pushing the helicopter too hard and blew out the tail and lost orientation. turns out the tail blades are spinning on the motor shaft, and the motor is very hard to turn. I don't think the crash was my fault at all, I think it was the tail motor. Just another reason why I won't say where I got this kit from. However if someone is thinking about ordering it, I will do all I can to stop them lol.

So now I'm looking for a new tail motor for the mcpx. Not sure what I want, but i know I want the tail blades on the right (correct) side of the heli lmao. And all of this was only after a mere 9 batteries through it! Stay away from WOW Hobbies, their crap sucks!

callsign4223

Staff member
That thing is running a sr 120 tail now right? Lots of folks online complaining about those burning up after less than 10 flights. Maybe you could find a different motor for the tail?

Tony

Staff member
That is what I'm looking for. I'm thinking about putting a brushless motor on the tail, but one crash can kill it if it hits the can just right. If you find anything, let me know.

Tony

Staff member
I'm thinking that may draw too many amps for the stock board to handle. That is why I'm thinking about putting a brushless tail on it. It's $21 for the motor, then I will just need the ESC and "thesteve" and I'm golden lol. More weight, more money.

Lee

My friend has tried most tail set ups, and reckons the double stock tail is the best for hold and weight. I have a 7mm motor on mine (stock is 6mm) going out to test it now.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Astroid design has a delrin double tail mount. With two kbdd blades it might look sweet tony ;)

Tony

Staff member
Just looked at them. From what I'm reading, the brushless tail motor is actually lighter than the 120sr motor. Not sure what I want to do.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
True.. I have been reading about them. There is a hit or miss with them... Don't know... But if you try I am sure it'll work...

Tony

Staff member
If I do try it, it will be a while down the road. so for now, my heli flying has been put on the back burner for at least a month...

kfrog

Tony this would be a great weekend for us to meet in the city so you could help me get my mcpx setup and make sure it flys correct.

Tony

Staff member
i would love to, but with all that I have going on, leaving the house is going to be a challenge. One of these days, You, Matt and I are all going to have to meet up.

Top Bottom