500 Blade 500 x info

FF781

Hello all
Iam looking at purchasing a Blade 500X. Is there reviews on this helicopter besides the ones one HH website?

murankar

Staff member
You could search youtube and see what the will get you. Most of the blade X line owners on here have the 550X I think. If you got the cash I would just go with the 550. It handles like a 600 from what I here.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

Derek

yeah, I don't know of anyone that has a 500X. I would just browse around on Youtube and see what videos are uploaded and maybe ask those people what their thoughts are. Good luck buddy!

Tony

Staff member
I would browse the classifieds and see if I couldn't find a good deal on an Align 550 or something. Small helicopters, I will go with blade, but anything over the mcpx, I'm looking somewhere else. That may just be me though.

Tony

Staff member
Could just be the fact that I have never flown anything larger. But all of that plastic makes me nervous.

pvolcko

I have a 300X and a 550X, along with their micro and nano size helis. But no 500X. I too have heard some negative things on their 500x-300x part of the line. Personally I like the 300X quite a bit. Unfortunately, I have no insights into the 500X except to say I wouldn't let the plastic stop you. Other brands have used plastic blade holders too. Blade is very good with their plastics by and large. And if you end up not liking it, there are likely metal upgrade parts available from lynx and other makers. If there is a 7200BX on it, I say go for it. :)

murankar

Staff member
Yeah don't let the plastic bother you to much. I just had a major crash with a heli that has a lot of plastic.

Of the plastic all I lost was the battery tray, lower frame and the blade grip control ball and link. The tail grips, main gear, front and rear tail boxed, rear tail drive gear the other blade grip, all three bearing blocks, main gear, landing gear, wash out arms and anti-rotation bracket were all fine. The plastics have gotten much better of the years. Oh and that was the second crash for all that plastic.

If you can get gorilla gear fir your skids do so. They are tough as nails, lots of flex in them under stress.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

Ebola

Hi , i have a lot of blade helis.... MCPX bl , 130X , 180CFX, 300CFX and the 500X all are BNF and if you have a Spektrum transmitter its childs play.
The 500x is a very stable heli (much better then for exemp my align 450pro) but then again anything bigger is always more stable.
Ok lots of plastic but you can buy alu parts to upgrade if you want to.
You are gonne crash it anyway before wear and tear sets in so....no problem there...LOL
Unfortunately blade has stopped the manufacturing of the 500X so spare parts may become a problem soon....
They now have a Brand new model the Blade 360CFX so if you are looking for a BNF model so you dont have to build anything i think this is the way to go.

Otherwise go get yourself a align 550E DFC .....
Or i just found a brand new 500X online for 350 euro (bat and charger included) cant go wrong there..... now that they are beeing discontinued vendors tend to sell them cheap...

greetings.

Top Bottom