450 Blade 450X Rotor Head

Heliman450

Hi all, a couple of pictures to go along with my query.

I'm putting together a new rotor head for my Blade and the exploded diagram I downloaded isn't very well labelled, so I wanted to check out if anyone knows the correct order of parts.

Photo 1 is how the exploded diagram looks. Photo 2 is what's left over in the pack, which matches the original RTF assembly of the grip. The two bushes appear to be item 26 (BLH1620 - Main Grip Thrust Bearing - 2off). Thanks in anticipation.

Blade Assembly 01.JPGBlade Assembly 02.JPG

Blade Assembly 01.JPG

Blade Assembly 02.JPG

Last edited:

Heliman450

Hi Tony, looks like the bushes need to go into the grips before the inner bearings. That just leaves me with one spare thrust washer for each side. Having checked out other exploded diagrams, they consistently show a thrust washer either side of the outer bearing. I'll snap another photo later at the shop and post it here for you to keep.

Thanks for the alternative diagram, although mine's also a Blade document, it shows the items #4 as #11. I doubt I'll ever buy another Blade product again after a bad contact with their customer support. On the bright side, that's why I'm here on the Forum so from bad stuff can come good stuff! :cool-new:

Heliman450

Tony

Staff member
Just for clarification, the thrust washer is #20 in that picture above. The thin silver pieces are there to take up slop or play. the brass in between the bearings is to keep from pinching the bearings together. You will use the thin silver ones when you put it together and do a dry fit to try and get the least amount of play without any notchyness.

Heliman450

Just for clarification, the thrust washer is #20 in that picture above. The thin silver pieces are there to take up slop or play. the brass in between the bearings is to keep from pinching the bearings together. You will use the thin silver ones when you put it together and do a dry fit to try and get the least amount of play without any notchyness.

I checked out the descriptions in the parts list and item #20 is described as "Main Grip Thrust Bearing". The thrust washer is the thin silver ring, which is as you say for taking up slop or play in the tensioned assembly. Unfortunately, the parts list doesn't identify the items shown under #4 separately as it only describes it as "Flybarless Main Rotor Grip Set". This includes the grips and the small brass rings, which aren't a good representation of what they actually look like.

Thanks for providing the better exploded diagram than the one I got.

Tony

Staff member
Happy to help, and I guess that would be right. Thrust bearing, thrust washer lol. I always called the thrust bearing the one with the balls in it, and the thrust washer teh one that rides on teh bearing. As long as it works, that's what matters.

Top Bottom