General blade 450 wont lift off and tail spins out

EyeStation

Tail spin could be due to a reversed gyro setting. That can be checked by observing the tail servo movement. Watch the servo arm when you apply left rudder. If you turn your heli to the right, the gyro should counteract by putting Left Rudder signal to the servo.

The heli not getting airborne can be a few things, but most likely the pitch settings of your blades. Set servo arms to 90° at 50% stick. The links should then be adjusted for 0° pitch angle at this 50% stick setting. Making sure the pitch goes the proper direction from 50% is also quite important.
Let us know how you got things set up so far, Radio-Heli, then we can help out even further.
Welcome aboard!

Tony

Staff member
I agree with the above. If you don't have a pitch gauge, you need to get one. Then check your pitch and make sure you have 10º positive and negative.

pvolcko

Where did you get it? If the videos and information here still leave you scratching your head: If you got it at a hobby shop locally, I'd highly recommend working with them to get it setup properly. Most shops will do this as a courtesy if you bought it there. If you did not buy it at a local shop many will still help you for a small fee ($20-$30).

EyeStation

Unless they are sending you a free replacement, I would take that with a grain of salt.Just my $0.02.
Did your brother have this thing flying before he gave it to you?

EyeStation

Can you post a video of the heli powered up? With preferably either the motor disconnected or at least with Throttle Hold set on the transmitter. Show us how the head is responding to your TX input. Do not attempt this if the blade are turning. only if you can get the motor disconnected or Damn sure Throttle Hold will not spool the thing up on you while the camera is there.
Try to get a shot of the tail section too when ruddering. Any visual help you can give us will help get this thing troubleshot.

james609

thanks. but there is some pitch changes when i move the left stick in idle up mode.im going tomorrow to the local club and have one of the heli guys look at it. as for the tail not holding its the gyro. ive got to get another when i can afford it.

- - - Updated - - -

ive got no way to make a video

Tony

Staff member
Usually there is going to be pitch changes in the swash when flipping into idle up at low stick.

james609

i got a new gyro today. its a futaba gy240. i heard they are rock solid at holding the tail. thanks to everyone who tried to help.

- - - Updated - - -

one of the local club members gave it to me.

Top Bottom