450 Blade 450 wobble

pj1969

Hi guys, you all be glad to know its not me this time lol, my pal has just picked up his blade 450 from the shop after supposedly being set up!!!! Can anyone tell us why the thing shakes like made just after take off?? It was in the shop for over a month and tbh, don't really want to take it back as they are really hard work in there. Any help would be great. I'm thinking it maybe blade grips a little to tight? But that's just a hunch.
Blade 450 wobble - YouTube

Derek

I'd say that your Gyro gain is way too high. Try lowering your Gyro gain in 5% increments and see if it gets better. What Tx are you using?

pj1969

Yeah that sounds like a plan, using a dx6i, funny thing is it was its first flight after being picked up, the guy recones h set it up sweet lol. My pal hasn't and doesn't know how to change gyro, I'll have a look and see what it on.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah that sounds like a plan, funny gbing is the guy recones it was set up sweet lol. My pal hasn't and doesn't know how to change gyro settings, I'll have a look later.

Derek

I'm thinking that the Gyro settings on the DX6i go from 0-100 for Heading Hold mode. That's the Gyro mode that you want. I'm using my DX8 for my aircraft now and I don't remember what I had the Gyro set at on my DX6i. Before you try to get the heli off the ground again, go into the Gyro settings on the DX6i and lower the settings by 5% and try a hover. The tail wag should get better. If it needs to come down more, bring it down another 5% and try again.

In the video, that kind of tail wag just looks like the Gyro gain is too high.....meaning that the Gyro is over-compensating. So, when the gyro senses that the tail has moved a bit to the right, the Gyro makes the tail JUMP to the left. Then the Gyro senses that movement and makes the tail JUMP to the right....it's a vicious cycle of back and forth.

I hope this works out for ya!

Slobberdog

Just adding to Derek's post, you would pro ably looking to start somewhere around 67% for the gyro setting, then lower it down as derek suggests,

but also check to make sure there is no binding in the tail system, as that will not help at all.

Lee

Check all mechanical movement is smooth as already suggested.
Check your Gyro gain in the gyro menu. Start at 65%, raise it by 5% until you see the wobble, then reduce it 2% or so until wobble disappears.
If the wobble happens at 65% then check the ball link on the tail servo. It should be no more than 10mm from centre. try moving it in and hole, this will desensitize the gyro/servo.
Hope this helps.

Top Bottom