450 Blade 450 3D help, tip and advice

Ricky Minaya

OMGGGZZZ those are crazy nice, but would you order from the seller selling the black ones, I've never ordered from eBay that's why I'm asking. I've people have gotten scammed from that site

Derek

This is just my two cents here...I've been selling and buying stuff from ebay for years and I've only been screwed once. Most everybody is honest and fair. I like ebay and I continue to shop ebay. In fact...I just bought a brand new, sealed, Little Mermaid DVD for my wife from ebay earlier this week. I think I won the auction on Tuesday and it came today. I have a happy wife...so I have a happy life, lol.

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
Same here I buy lots of items from e bay. If I ever have a problem the merchant allways go out of there way to help you. They don't want any negative imput in there ratings.

Ricky Minaya

So basically I've bin looking at eBay the wrong way for years lol but alright

So I'm still pretty new to the heli hobby, but what are some things I should get aluminum for my blade 450, like some common things. For example most people would get aluminum knuckles, and/or blocks for a 1-8th scale buggy, so what's common for a heli

Tony

Staff member
In all honesty, for the Blade, I would keep it all stock. If you want to bling something out, then I would suggest upgrading to Align or the like. Being new to the game, learn how to fly without crashing, then start loading up on all of the bling. If you crash, and want to upgrade, then that is a good time to do it. but until then, stock is good. Most LHS's carry stock parts for this heli but they dont' carry the metal stuff.

As for eBay, there are good, and there are bad out there just like anything else. If you look at that sellers rating, he has over 22K (22,000, twenty two thousand lol, just had to stress this point) feedback points and a thumbs up rating of 99.9%. You just dont' get any better than that. being in a business, you are going to have members or customers that are just not happy. Some may just have a hot head and some may genuinely have an issue with something and leave a negative feedback without even trying to get it resolved. It happens, you just smile and walk away.

However this is where PayPal comes in REALLY handy. They have buyer protection on most all of their purchases. So if a member tries to screw you over, PayPal will do what they can to get your money back. Just like a credit card company.

So in short (too late huh? lmao), Ebay can be a great place to get great deals such as these knobs. Just look at a sellers feedback. If they are below about 88% or so, I will not buy from them. However if they are that low, I'm going to read the feedbacks and see what hte issue was. If it's something that has to do with shipping around the holidays, then it's not their fault. If it's with a specific item that I'm NOT looking at, I blow it off and order from them.

Hope this helps.

Ricky Minaya

Yeah definitely helped with out a doubt

Now at what point do you guys think I should take off the training gear on the heli, when I've mastered hovering and landing?

Tony

Staff member
Yup, when you can hover, take off and land smoothly and consistently, then you can take it off.

Ricky Minaya

oh wow those are pretty kook to I thinks I'm going to just buy all the once I like and see wich one suits me best

But guy I really apriciate all the advice that was given, but that almost does it for my questions and concerns

Ricky Minaya

Alright I'm also new to the lipos
So I know they can go on fire, I know each cell has to be balanced, I know when I'm not going to use it to have it a 50% battery life, Any thing els
What does the C stand for because my batter is a 11.1v 2200mah 3s 30c what is the 30 C

Ricky Minaya

Ok here's another thing ( my throttle trims a almost a zero so I hover at like 2/3rds throttle) but when I get to 2/3rds throttle or just a little bit under that my heli has a lot of tail wobble, it moves up and down, once I do give more throttle to get the heli up in the air the wobble goes away is this normal?

Tony

Staff member
Did you mean that your ESC is a 35A? Either way it doesn't matter how big yoru battery is. You can run a 1 million C battery. Voltage means more with an ESC than amps. Remember, your motor PULLS the power, the battery doesn't PUSH it. this is why I say to get your motor, then match your ESC and battery to it.

As for your second question, I'm not sure what would cause that. Can you post a video of what it's doing?

Westy

LEGEND
It may be your Throttle curve...... let us have a look at your throttle curve and pitch settings and see..... you may be not pulling enough RPM at lift off (Low head speed) ... but hard to know without seeing your setup.

what ESC are you using? Sometimes Cheap and nasty ESC's just give rubbish performance and motor speed matching. Have you set up your ESC properly ... just plucking at straws really at this stage until more info flows :)

Cheers - WEsty

Lee

I would agree that your headspeed is too low. This is the most common cause of head bobbing. What is your throttle curve set to?

murankar

Staff member
I found that out myself. My head speed was just enough to achieve flight and in the air it would bounce around. I thought I screwed my settings.

Westy

LEGEND
So ... .What are your settings?

I run
THROTTLE 0, 65, 80, 90, 100 (NORMAL MODE)

ESC SET TO SUPER SOFT START

THROTTLE 100, 90, 80, 90, 100 (IDLE UP)

murankar

Staff member
I am almost the same thing

0 25 50 75 100 (normal)

80 80 75 80 80 (ID 1)
100 100 85 100 100 (ID 2)

Top Bottom