450 Blade 450 3D blade tracking

helicc16

the Smoothie Pilot
The main blades on one of my Blade 450 3D keep slipping out of track. Using the other Blade 450 3d ( the good one) as reference, I checked the the head assembly for loose parts and made sure that servos are securely mounted. Everything seems nice and tight. :banghead: Please advise.

pvolcko

Have you swash leveled the "bad" one? Measured the links on the reference vs the bad one? Tried the blade from the good one on the bad or vice versa?

Tony

Staff member
Once you set the blades, they should not be out of track. Make sure the links are on the balls tightly.

Lee

Have you crashed it before? Check the feathering shaft to see if its bent. If it is bent, you can set the blade tracking, then after a flight, the shaft has moved and the tracking has changed.

Slobberdog

Have you crashed it before? Check the feathering shaft to see if its bent. If it is bent, you can set the blade tracking, then after a flight, the shaft has moved and the tracking has changed.

thats what was happening on my 450 a few weeks ago, changed the fethering shaft and main shaft as they both had realy small bends in them.

helicc16

the Smoothie Pilot
Thanks for your suggestions. I've replaced the feathering shaft. The adjustments seem stable now. It's just that the blade tracking now varies with hovering head speed. It seems in-track on NORMAL but is off as much as half of an inch in IDLE UP. And lengthening the push rod on the lower blade make it half of an inch higher than the other blade. Can't really get it to track right in IDLE UP.

I've never crashed this heli. The throttle curves I use are:

0 40 75 75 75
75 75 75 75 75

Power consumption is a little excessive -- as short as 4 minutes. Is this normal? The IDLE head speed is not that high.

Suggestions please!

Westy

LEGEND
Test this.... POWER UP your Tx and RX Hold one blade and then try to move the pitch on the other blade... if you can get movement out of it, then you have play somewhere in the mechanical train (there are heaps of places it can be) most likely is the washout arms. once you have pin pointed it ... replace the parts. Failing that ... buy a decent set of blades.

Do you have any vibes at all? - It must be vibrating if you say the tracking is changing. If so . remove blades and spool up to see if vibe is gone .... if Yes. chuck the blades out and start with a good set.

helicc16

the Smoothie Pilot
Westy, I tried to follow your instructions but I could not understand it. Anyway, I think I've found the root cause. Please check out my test flight video in the member videos section for details.

Thank you so much, everyone. This forum is great!

Top Bottom