450 Blade 400 servo problem

iflywhirlybirds

So I figured out whats wrong with my pidgeon now im having problems with my 400. The first thing is that it spools up at zero stick, very slowly, unless I have the hold on. The second problem is the tail servo just will not shut up, its making a constant noise like its about to do something and the travel is all wrong, I adjusted the travel in my dx6i and its still doing it. Sorry for no vid im at work atm. I tried reversing it and its still doing it, the heli spins out of control when I spool it up as well, hard rudder stops the problem...but it wont turn any further cuz its at max stick.

Thanks chaps

Tony

Staff member
On the ESC, do the same thing I explained in your other thread. Should work here as well.

As for the tail, if it's a digital servo, then they do make noise, more so than analogs do. And you need to make sure when you apply left rudder, the slider is going to the right on the tail. Also, raise your gain all the way up and when you move the TAIL to the left, the slider should go right. Once you have figured out correct travels and corrections, lower your gain back down.

Tony

Staff member
On the blade, I"m not 100% sure, but it should be in your gyro menu in the DX6i. 0-50 is rate and 50-100 is HH mode. After testing, set the gain at about 60% and see how she does. IF there is a little drift, then raise it one click at a time until you get a shake, and back it down by two.

iflywhirlybirds

Ive never quite got what that meant but I think you mean set the % at 50 percent when the switch is up and 100 when its down? rate is up HH is down?

Tony

Staff member
You can set position 0 and 1 to a different rate. I would set position 0 to rate (about 35%) and set position 1 to HH (about 60-70%). When you are testing it though, move that rate from 35% all the way down to 0%. Think of it this way. 50% is like you have NO gyro on the heli at all. it will not correct when you move the tail. The farther you get from 50% in either direction, the more the gyro is going to move the servo to correct any yaw that may be happening. If you get it too far from 50%, then you will get a tail wag. Too close to 50% and you will have a tail that likes to wonder around.

Top Bottom