450 Blade 400 first flight problems

Tony

Staff member
If I remember correctly, it was only the main gear that was keeping us from flying it. I know that we did not get all of the settings correct since we couldn't spool it up. We will get it though.

callsign4223

Staff member
That's right. It has been replaced now. I don't know what they did to the other, but it didn't take any spacers or anything, it just fit in perfect, no rubbing on the frame.

Tony

Staff member
Today is a beautiful day for flying. Too bad I'm stuck down here at the base. I would definately be out at the field with the Bipe lol.

callsign4223

Staff member
Darn, I was hoping we could get that blade setup. I just don't know if it's the helicopter being out of adjustment or my flying skills being so bad, but I really don't wanna cockscrew this thing into the ground.

Tony

Staff member
As much as I would love to help you out, I don't want you to have to wait on me to get your bird in the air. You can start with slow ground exercises such as spooling it up, wagging the tail around to test the gyro and scooting it along the ground to test it out. Then, if all of those check out, go into a very low hover. But if you want to wait for me to get some time, that is not a problem.

callsign4223

Staff member
I will probably rig up some training gear and give that a shot tomorrow. Just keep using the mcpx to flight train for now.

murankar

Staff member
Just remember, training gear + grass = possible disaster. I am still working on just controlling the heli in the air. I have thought about using the gear again to help ease into new orientations.

I have been trying nose in on the sim. It took me a while to figure out that I have to move the stick in the direction the heli goes to correct it.

Lee

I had my training gear on until i started to loop. Just a very small set you can see in one of my youtube videos. It just gave me tonnes of confidence, especially with the wind here. Made landing a lots safer. :D

- - - Updated - - -

I had my training gear on until i started to loop. Just a very small set you can see in one of my youtube videos. It just gave me tonnes of confidence, especially with the wind here. Made landing a lots safer. :D

callsign4223

Staff member
Hey guys, it's been awhile since I updated this, so here is the latest adventure. Ever since I bought this supposedly uncrashed(total lie) heli it has had a horrible vibration at spool up. Finally got tired of that and replaced the main shaft and feathering shaft, that fixed the vibe. Not sure which one was bent, but for $10 for 2 sets of both, it was worth it to change'em all and let God sort out the discards. Also spent a bunch of time trying to level the swash and get the pitch even. Got it pretty close with the Iphone level app, close enough to frustrate me and make me buy a real tool set online with a pitch gauge in it. I need to get a swash leveler too, but it seems everyone is sold out of those. When I was flying it there was a definite drift, not sure if it's from the swash or wind. I do have one other odd ball problem, somehow I have made it that even at the lowest throttle throw, the motor is still spinning, I have to hit TH to shut it off. Any ideas on the motor still running at low throttle????

Tony

Staff member
turn on your Tx, raise the throttle all the way up. Plug in the heli and grab the main blades with one hand (safety just in case it spools). When you hear the first set of beeps (usually two together), lower the throttle stick all the way. This will reset the end points in the ESC.

callsign4223

Staff member
Ahhh, ok. Prolly messed it up when I kept plugging the battery in with the sticks in whatever spot while trying to even out the pitch.

Tony

Staff member
Yeah, you should always have your throttle all the way down every time you plug in that battery.

Top Bottom