250 blade 300X overtaken by Ghost in the beast X AR7200!

Wolf714

my 300X is mechanically & electronically setup as good as I think it can possibly get

what started as random 'tipover tendancy' on some takeoffs- & also sometimes once in the air a dramatic tendancy to lean right without any control input- has become a modus operandi of not being able to fly!

once I spool up to takeoff rpm, the left servo behind the swash moves up- in proportion to throttle- & once that happens even trying left cyclic has no effect whatsoever; the left servo blocks out any counter measure

I have had no major crash-- in fact just 2 low impact incidents, where I well & truly believe the beast X could not possibly have been damaged

I tried factory reset. I have the swash leveled & the pitch balanced practically like a mini version of Marine One !

my youtube channel's: render767

the first top two vids show indications of the issue

WTF! ?!

I'd like to believe this is something very simple, but I can't figure it out

EyeStation

Do you have another receiver to try? If you reverse the cyclic connections or in the transmitter, does it follow the new direction or still have the left servo on self control? I'm thinking either bad receiver channel, or maybe dirty servo pot.
My thoughts at least.

Wolf714

thanx 4 the response! 'dirty servo pot' .. never heard of that, tho it certainly warrants a look.. even tho I've never done b4. in some other thread I read that servos do go dirty like that-- & while I was using my rc logger pitch gauge, that left servo was kinda 'jumpy' ; not smooth. but would dirty servo explain the 'lock' I described? I mean, like I said, once it spools up to takeoff rpm, that servo locks up in the max 'up' position, & no counter input overtakes it

maybe that's the Ghost tho! we'll see & give a try

Slobberdog

Guys can you please post questions in the correct section, this section is for introductions only

xokia

Vibrations is usually what causes the beastx to tilt like you are describing. You can try and loosen the tail box screws just a little. If that doesn't help then its likely the stock motor which wears out really fast.

If it's your motor I have a brand new in package 300x motor I would sell you for $25 shipped.

Tony

Staff member
Moved to the correct section. Please don't post questions in the new member introduction section.

pvolcko

The ail/pit servos definitely are both moving the swash in that direction, it it not just one dropping or the other raising.

You said you did factory reset. Did you review the swash correction directions afterwards? If you pick up the heli and tilt it right does the swash attempt to stay flat to the horizon (lean against the tilt of the heli) or does it lean into the tilt of the heli?

Also, at mid-collective stick (TH on or disconnect to motor wires) are the follower arms off the head level and the servo arms level? Maybe it is the angle of the footage but it looks like the swash is very high with the follower arms inclined up while the servo arms look relatively level, and this is at what I presume is low throttle stick which would translate into, in normal mode, a slight negative blade pitch. The swash and servo arm positions do not look right for a throttle down stick position in normal mode.

Vibration issues: I didn't see anything in the vid that looked wrong. Some shudder during spool up is to be expected. Saw some odd shimmies of piece of the heli whereas others were stable, but that was likely just video artifacts. Sources of vibes to watch for on these helis:

- As mentioned, tailbox too tight. I back the three screws off until there is a very slight separation. Not enough for wiggle anything, just enough to see the two halves aren't meshed tight to one another. Also, don't forget the two tail fin bolts. Loosen them just a little until the fin can be moved not not so much that it is loose/flopping.
- Main shaft bent: it doesn't take much. It can appear to be perfectly straight and sometimes it will still be enough to induce vibrations. They've also been known to come from the factory with either misaligned drill holes or other defects which can induce vibrations.
- Tail shaft bent or tail hub not centered properly. Can induce wobble that will cause vibes. Sometimes loosening the tailbox will help alleviate this if you can't eliminate tail hub mounting issues.
- Motor: Believe it or not, the label on the stock motors can induce vibrations.
- Main gear hub: often overlooked, after crash, especially if it stripped the main gear or required a shaft replacement, the hub can get bent and cause vibration issues.
- Frame: the right side (looking from the tail) just in front of the mast head. If you crash and a main shaft is bent there is a good chance the frame cracked at this location. Sometimes hard to notice.

Top Bottom