General Blade 300 CFX Backflipped Again

NordCelt

Strange, and expensive, problem with my 300 CFX. It flies normally then all of a sudden does a max downstroke of the front servo. Servo is beyond normal travel limit and won't move till I bump it up then it acts normal again.

Cheapest fix first time was to replace all the broken parts and also replace the front servo. I used a E-flight DS 76 servo for the replacement. Well yesterday it did it again. Since it was apparently not a servo problem and the wiring is attached to the servo so wiring was replaced too seems it must be the receiver.

I looked for diagnostic tools that could help me look for noise in the signal but other than an oscilloscope didn't find anything and don't want to spend the money for an oscilloscope.

Decided to change everything that could remotely cause this problem so if any of you experienced heli guys see anything I've missed or that I've bought the wrong thing let me know.

I've got a iKON 1001 receiver on order and a single Spektrum satellite receiver for it. I've also ordered three HiTec HS-5055MG servo's. Soon as everything arrives I'll install and see if it works.

The iKON comes with two satellite ports. I'm wondering if I can get by with one satellite or if I need to order another one.

Tony

Staff member
On a helicopter this small, you can get away with just one sat. Two is for 500 or bigger, that is what I go by anyway.

And yeah, if you replaced the servo and it still did it, it would be in the control board. Good luck on finding the issue. Have you tried reflashing the board (if this can even be done...)

NordCelt

It's an AR7200BX so believe I can access it with the computer but I've Already ordered the iKON and planning on installing it because I've already spent too much on crash damage and don't want to take a chance with the current receiver. After it's removed I'm going to play around with the receiver on the bench and hook some extra servos to it to try and learn a bit about the systems.

I have a variable power supply coming tomorrow so should be able to adapt a connector to power the receiver. Far as I know I just get a voltage to the receiver from the ESC. If it's a pulse signal as an input I'll need to buy an extra esc for the bench experimentation so I can route that signal to the receiver. Already have all the extra parts just need to get an esc if that's necessary.

Top Bottom