General Blade 200 SRX Flight

ttlaurent

I just recently purchased a Blade 200 SRX helicopter beings I was so successful flying a co-axial and smaller fixed pitch helicopters. I'm not having any trouble flying the Blade helicopter and it flies real smooth. One thing I have noticed and would like some input on is, while hovering and flying, the Blade helicopter has a slight tilt to the right. Is this normal or does something need to be adjusted to get it to hover and fly level? In advance, I appreciate all the help and input.

Terry

Tony

Staff member
It's completely normal. The reason for the right tilt is to counter the effects of the tail motor trying to blow it to the left. Since the tail motor is forcing air out to the right of the helicopter thus pushing the tail to the left (nose right) to counter the centrifugal forces of the rotating head, the helicopter needs to lean slightly to the right to counter the effects of the tail. I hope that makes sense lol.

ttlaurent

Ok, I have one more thing I would like to know about the Blade 120 SRX in flight. While flying and I give it a Aileron left or right the Blade helicopter shimmys. I have uploaded a video clip to show what I am talking about. Is this normal? If not, what would be causing this? Thanks again.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tony

Staff member
That means your aileron gain is just a touch too high. Should just need to lower it down a bit.

ttlaurent

Thanks for the help Tony. After googleing how to adjust the aileron gain on a Blade 200SRX and actually doing it, all is well. I can't wait until I'm ready to fly a collective pitch helicopter

Tony

Staff member
Right on. Sorry I couldn't have helped with that. I was in kind of a rush when I typed that.

Top Bottom