Micro Blade 180 CFX

Eggy 71

I had a weird issue with my cfx 180 as well. It sounded like it was under more load than normal. Head speed dropped as well. Turned out the pins that hold the TT end on loosened up and started walking out. It didn't feel like there was extra resistance as it was cutting a groove and clearing a path. It ended up cutting the tail clean off in flight, much to my surprise.

leedude1

Yeah really... must have surprised the crap out you.

Well I took a quick look see at my TT anyway just in case and no damage there. I was using the lynx slipper clutch one so it handled it pretty good.
Im set ...it has to be either the motor or ESC... cant be anything else draining that much power from a new battery and not even getting to 2 minutes flight time... It puffed out my battery pretty bad also...it was that hot... I would be willing to swap out the motor and try it again as I have one spare in hand but I really dont want to damage another battery testing it.

Unless you think it could be something else.

wadecanfly

Hi everyone I'm having problem with my 180CFX & DX8 gen 2.
I've changed the torque tub to a Linx slipper put servo savers on and have got linx swash plant and a few other linx bits but my problem is with the DX8. I need to be able to switch the bind button to Aux 2 to be able to get into the advanced settings on the 180. Also I don't think I have the right set up on the transmitter for the 180CFX. Can someone please help.
P.s I'm new to the hobby. Had everything with wheels in the past but I want to fly these days. Thanks.

Tony

Staff member
you should be able to go into you Channel assign, scroll to Next, then select the channel. Once selected, push the bind button and it should automatically select the switch number. Hope this helps.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
While motor do go out but first check the internal resistance of your battery pack. If it's over 10mOhms your battery is dead and needs replacement .

Internal resistance on a battery will make it hot and puffy after flight. So probably your battery is going bad.

A simple turnigy battery balancer from Amazon or something will be a great tool to have if you are going to have more electric Helis . That balancer has a battery IR check function. That's how you tell if RC packs of any kind are bad or not.

Smoggie

The little batteries for the 180 will have IR greater than 10 mOhm even when new. IR varies according to battery size (smaller batteries have higher IR) so you cant apply a one size fits all acceptance criteria.. Also different chargers read very different IR values even on the same battery.

Funnily enough I just sold my Blade 180.. It's a good little heli but given the choice between it and my big helis the big ones win every time, so it never got used.

leedude1

Wade did you figure it out I have some issue originally with mine and can try and help you with it, Post back up if your still struggling.

Top Bottom