Micro Blade 130x

Slobberdog

Well with the birthday coming soon I am thinking of acquiring the blade 130x, but have heard that it suffers issues out of the box, guys I know a few of you have them on here that's why I'm asking this,

Is it as bad as loads are reporting and have to mod it straight away, or can you use it straight out of the box without doing anything,

I want a heli bigger than my 100x and preferably CP to be able to use in my garden and maybe outside of my work in break time.

heli-maniac

i have had 2 of them one i did the tail mod and a gear and blades right off the bat
the other flew just fine stock its kind a hit or miss if you get a good one out of the box but i have been lucky with them
i would buy another if i need to

xokia

Mostly it should fly fine out of the box. Mine flew fine for many flights before I started replacing parts. The first thing to go was the A gear.

After that you just upgrade once you break stuff. There are a lot of thing that IMO are optional. For me the things I would change, A gear, tail box bearings to Rakon -> Tip buy a bearing set and not just the tail bearings only a few dollars difference
solid carbon main shaft from xtreme production -> buy a few of them takes a week to get the parts from china.

Othere then that just replace stuff as you decide to and if you want to. The thing takes a pretty good beating.

Stay away from microheli I haven't had much luck with there parts. Xtreme production parts have been pretty good along with Rakon.

Bruno

Mine needed work out of the box to calm the tail shake. Lynx tail box, lynx tail fins, Lynx Verticle fin, main shaft spacer to improve gear mesh and O-rings everywhere. Spools up smooth and no more vibration.

Last edited:

X-Heli

Mine flew ok out of the box, the the tail somewhat shaking and kept drifting to the left and trim couldn't help. Swapped out the tail gear box with the Microheli's and the symptom went away. I agreed with Xokia that the stock "A" gear (plastic) is very weak and gets stripped off easily, even from a minor crash. The extra metal gear came with my 130x is not as good either, just the other day, it stripped 3 teeth from 5 feet drop into the ground. I just ordered the Extreme metal gear set and will see how they hold up. Other than that, this little heli is very capable of most 3D stuff, and IMO it's very nice platform to learn all about CP and 3D's I'm still learning with this little guy. :)

Slobberdog

Well now that i know my 450 is working ok i have decided to take the plunge and get the 130x, oh cant wait, but will have too cant get to pick it up till Friday, boo hoo

- - - Updated - - -

just one other thing, looking to run Gens Ace 450mah bats on this but they are 6mm longer will they fit ok or will they be tight.

Slobberdog

Well I gots I has, my precious.

Video of maiden to follow, just not sure when I can try it, as have to go out with family soon.

heli-maniac

i run the pulse 450s and they are longer had to add wait to the back to get the cg back
the pulse batteries are great batteries and are cheep 10.00 each

xokia

i run the pulse 450s and they are longer had to add wait to the back to get the cg back
the pulse batteries are great batteries and are cheep 10.00 each

My local hobby shop just started carrying the pulse line of batteries. How do you like them so far? I've been running the nano-techs and have been very happy with them so far. Even left a couple on the back of my bumper and they fell off in the street when I drove away. When I got home I noticed they got ran over. I marked the back of them so I could distiguish them from the rest of the batteries and tried charging them up. They seem to still work fine suprisingly.

Slobberdog

Well here guys, the maiden out of the box, on eflite settings, lol they have been changed,

All I can say is wow, bags of power and a tad twitchy, since maiden video have put 70% dr in as well as 40% expo and it seems a bit better. Gonna take a bit of getting used to.

I got 3 overlander 450 mah 40 c batteries, about $11 each to go with the 1 standard one it came with, will be getting more, think I will be flying this ALOT!!!!!!!!!!!!

But anyway here you go.

130x maiden - YouTube

Oh btw I love this heli already!!!!!

Last edited:

pvolcko

Nano is twitchy too. Takes a bit of getting used to. Also started with 75DR and 40ish expo on it. Up to 75DR and 25 expo now for most flight (100DR 30expo for my loops and inverted efforts).

Tony

Staff member
You gotta love the small birds. they will hone your skills more than anything. Then once you get ahold of your 600, you will be over correcting lol.

Slobberdog

Guys I am so surprised with this heli, last night i had a quick try with dr and expo 70 and 40 respectively and that made a difference, but today have changed the fast fwd blades out and put the others on 3d blades I think, and run a full battery through the bird and I think with the straight blades no nose on them it helps a little with the twitchy ness,

The one thing I can't get over is how much power this little thing has, to much throttle an it will just pull for the sky and that's with the throttle curve maxed out at 70%, lmao, if I go idle up I would never see this thing again.

Lee

I really want to get my hands on one of these to see how they are. Very nice Kev.

Slobberdog

Stock out of the box it's wicked Lee, can't believe how impressed I am with it, so much so don't know how much air time my 450 will get from now on, try one you won't be disappointed.

Back garden 3d if you want, or should say for me, if I can ever be capable.

Slobberdog

Well just ordered KBDD main and tail blades in lovely shocking Neon Lime Green and some Linx heli o-ring set for the head.

Oh and got another couple of 450mah 40c lipo's so now have 6 packs in total including the one standard pack

4:30 mins flight time on the standard pack with 3.75v per cell left so more than happy with that, should get a little more out of the bigger packs, will have to see.

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Slobberdog

Well fitted the KBDD blades main and tails and fitted the Lynx o ring set, and blooming heck, man this thing is sharp.

The KBDD blades fit a lot better than the standard items and seemed to be more balanced on the tail. The links felt a lot tighter when the new o rings were fitted,

When I then tried the heli with the new bits fitted, wow is all I can say, it felt really crisp, all be it my thumb on the cyclic is still sore after catching the heli last night so the feel I have for the stick is a bit numbed, will give it a few days for the feeling to come back and bruise go, and will have another go,

Will keep you all posted.........

Top Bottom