Micro blade 130x

jmerl

6 flights in now I am developing a new problem, my heli flies good then does a periodic shutter. Like someone suddenly gotthe chills. Last for a couple seconds then goes away for 25 seconds then does it again. Each flight it occurs more frequently and more violently as it starting to look more like a wobble (off balance) then a quick Shriver. Any thoughts? Everything appears tight, blades are loose. Gears seem to be fine and in place with no binding. Both main gears are metal, tail is stock and good condition. Boom is tight and appears to have no damage, I can only twist the boom from a 5:45-6:15 possition. Any input will help....thanks

EyeStation

Probably the servos getting dirty. Once it gets a jitter, the gyro takes over and you wind up in a crazy oscillation.
To narrow it down, see if it is an aileron or an elevator oscillation.
To clean it, remove the servo, then the mechanics of the servo from the PC board. Clean the little black "resist" strip on the board and the fingers of the wiper on the mechanical assembly.
Alcohol or Circuit Board Cleaner can be used.
A very common problem, and becomes routine maintenance after a handful of flights.

heli-maniac

If its a stock main shaft thin i would make sure its not split hold the main gear and rotate the rotor head and see if it flexes a lot if so its split

jmerl

Excellent...who would have thought...I replaced a bad servo a week ago but kept if. Used it as an a practice servo. Pretty easy to clean, except doing it in the sleeper of an 18 wheeler driving on oklahoma roads...lol screws get reeeeal small. Thanks for the info.

- - - Updated - - -

That was a tail servo I cleaned and hooking it up seems to be functioning great. Its getting as fun working on these as flying them. Thanks for your knowledge.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes I checked all that out. I think it might be servos

jmerl

Just a quick question. How do you narrow down which servo is giving the problem? Laymans terms will be helpful, got lost after you wrote "to narrow it down" and is there any easy way to get to the elevator servo without taking everything apart? I did how ever clean both left and right servos and it acts like a mad man on steroids and didn't notice any wobbles. Thanks again for the info.

murankar

Staff member
Take the servo that is acting up and move it to a new channel and see if the problem follows. Take a good servo and move it to the bad servo port.

If the bad servo still acts up then it's the servo. If the good servo acts up after the switch then it's the rx or controller board.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

Slobberdog

if one needs cleaning I would bet money that the other two will need cleaning too,

there is no way to check as its a jitter in the servo because its trying to find its centre point and cant because of the carbon build up in the servo.

no easy way to take the front servo out of the heli need to dismantle the frame, one reason I went to the Xtreme carbon frame as it slides out of that frame when two screws removed.

EyeStation

When I was "Narrowing Down" my crazy vibe like this, I would watch the heli from behind while hovering at eye level. Then watch as you give a stick command, aileron, elevator, then pitch. Mine would start to oscillate with an aileron twitch. Once noticing that I would focus on those two servos till I saw the one that would start the twitch. Mine happened to be the left servo.
But if you noticed your oscillation was yaw based, check the tail. If it is oscillating nose to tail, its the embedded elevator servo.
But I agree, cleaning the other while the heli is down is worth it. I still have yet to get in and clean my Elevator servo. But it seems to be surviving with the occasional spraying while I do the other two.
Since moving to the Lynx tail servo, I don't have to worry about that one any more. In fact, now I don't even know when my heli is done initializing because I no longer have that twitchy tail servo.

Top Bottom