Micro Blade 130x... Worth It?

Tony

Staff member
I have been doing some reading on this heli and it seems that there are quite a few parts that are needed to make it fly correctly. New tail slider, new tail block, new bearings, new servo, O-rings, so on and so on... Is this heli really worth $249? I mean, that is a lot of money to toss into a micro heli just to have to upgrade it immediately... Post up and let me know your thoughts.

Bradsd

I found the Blade 450 3d on sale for $169 at redrockethobby. I think you have to put in a code to get the price, send me an email if you want the code. That is an amazing buy at that price. I bought two! You do have to buy the batteries extra but that is it.

Tony

Staff member
Thanks Brad. However if I get another 450, it will be the align pro dfc, or one of the new heli's like the Warp. I have just heard people having issue after issue with the blade 450. Pretty much the same as the 130x which is why I"m questioning it...

Slobberdog

People like to be picky Tony, when you look at the HK stuff people complain that they have to upgrade parts to get it the way they want it, with the blades there is always gonna be plastic and this is harder to QA than metal parts so you expect to get a few niggles, if I could get a 450 over here in blighty for the equivalent of 100 pounds I would have got it, it's three times that price here, just my $0.02.

heli-maniac

the stock one that i had flew great with just 6. dollars added to it for o rings and tail blades
i just like to up grade

xokia

Tony as you've read I've had my fair share of problems with mine and I would still purchase it again. I don't really think all the replacement parts people replace are really needed. It just is a really great helicopter to learn 3D with. I wouldn't be anywhere near as good as I am now without it.

The bearings I agree, the metal A gear, and probably the solid carbon shaft. All the other parts I think are optional. Even with the sloppy tail slider is flies pretty dang good. I only replaced parts when my other parts went bad. I think I've had just about every problem possible and I don't blame it entirely on the helicopter. Part of it is just learning the right things to check. I'm starting to believe all my problems are related to my cracked main shaft and all my other problems came from it.

Last edited:

xokia

Thanks for that xokia. I'm thinkign about it, but just not sure yet lol.
If you just want another helicopter to fly then dont get it.

But if you want to practice 3D it's a really good helicopter to learn on. If you are flying in a grass field the majority of crashes result in no damage just hit the throttle hold and let it drop with no fear. It doesnt seem like a lot of time between when I bought mine and when I started having problems. Keep in mind though I have a LOT of air time on it. I have 10 batteries that I cycle through it each time out. This helicopter pretty much gets the majority of my flying time put on it and its currently my favorite helicopter.

My other helicopters are more capable but I lack the skills to push them to their limits and I wouldnt even try some of the stuff I do with my 130x on the bigger helicopters. Just today I landed the 130x on the pavement inverted and then popped back in the air. Was pretty neat but not something I would even think of trying with my other helicopters.

Top Bottom