Micro Blade 130x servo sticking? (Not the tail servo)

ChristianN

Hi everyone!

Been trying to search for this, but haven't been able to find anything that matches my issue. This is not my video, but it's the exact same thing going on:

Blade 130X Swash/Servo Problem - YouTube

If I touch the wheel on the servo it'll "snap" into it's rightfull position.... kind of scary.

Any ideas? Bad wires on the servo?

Thing is brand new...

Tony

Staff member
Have you flown the helicopter? This may be the gyro stopping the servos because you are giving it input and it's not moving. This is just a guess though. Worst case you have a bad board and/or servos. But I highly doubt two servos will go out or be bad at the same time.

ChristianN

Have you flown the helicopter? This may be the gyro stopping the servos because you are giving it input and it's not moving. This is just a guess though. Worst case you have a bad board and/or servos. But I highly doubt two servos will go out or be bad at the same time.

Hi Tony!

Thanks for the reply :).

Yes, I'm an utter newbie (and I know this isn't the smartest newbie heli in the world but oh well), but I have flown it once.

I was also not even just unclear but technically wrong, I didn't notice on the first viewing that his servos alternated between not doing anything, for me it's 100% just one of them.

Being a new pilot I'm not really able to tell if it became like that after taking off and hitting the ground after a nice little first-time-ever hover-and-roam-about-a-bit or if the servo sticking cause me to loose control.

I wouldn't be all that surprised if it was working, hit the ground and then started doing this truth be told.

Tony

Staff member
If it's not workign link the one in the video, then I would take the bad servo off the helicopter and see if the contacts are good. Clean the dielectric grease off of it, clean the board, clean the fingers and put it back together. Worst case, call horizon and they should send you a new servo to put on there. Also, make sure it's fully plugged into the board.

pvolcko

You can try getting some contact cleaner to see if it helps. The linear servos have strips in them that tell it where the servo position it. They may simply be a little corroded or something along those lines. May not help though. IF not, call up horizon hobby and get them on it. If it is a new heli then you're under warranty and they'll get it straightened out.

ChristianN

Thank you both for the good advice :). I think something is weird with the servo itself, i took out a multimeter to measure the voltage across the motor in it to see if it was actually getting power (and it was). At this point after poking it a few times with the multimeter is suddenly started working reliably. So yeah, I'm thinking perhaps the wires to the motor should be resoldered.

I also made a short recording of my heli doing this to avoid any sort of confusion:

Blade 130x servo sticking - YouTube

Top Bottom