Micro Blade 130x end of the road

Slobberdog

Well its the end of the road for me with my 130x, currently being sold on flee bay

I have loved my time with this little bird but TBH I am getting a little fed up with the time I am spending doing stuff to it (time I want to spend with my family and most of all my daughter), and there is the fact that it is a money pit,

I am still trying to figure out what to replace it with though, am fancying the 150 DFC but not sure how much less of a money pit that will be, and leading the running at the moment is the Trex 250 pro DFC, I want something that I can throw in my car and fly at work (outside) in the summer and use inside in the winter, there is the possibility of waiting for the Blade 300 CFX but that is looking like the launch is back to June now from end of April, don't know if my patience will hold out, and I do like Align,

Lee

I think you will be going from the frying pan into the fire with the 150.
The 250 would be nice outside in a small field, but I doubt you would have much fun with it inside, unless hovering in front of you is all you would do.
Very twitchy little thing.
Not sure what to suggest.

Slobberdog

yeah Lee that's my thinking at the moment on the 150,

I fly my 450 in the sports halls we use at our club, small side to side fig 8s etc, and want something just to be able to do that with a little bit more breathing space, the 130x was good for both halls but I want something just that tad bigger, that's why the 250 and 300 were there at the top of my list.

not to worried about twitchy been there done that with the 130x when I first started, with good head speed and good 3Gx set up I think I can control it pretty well, if I get the 250 dfc that is....

Lee

Between the 300 and the 250. I would wait and go for the 300.
For one thing it comes with a AR7200BX, which is far better and easier to set up, than the 3GX.
Or theres the 200SR X But i don't know anything about it.

Slobberdog

200sr x is fixed pitch fbl, want to be able to go "down side up" in the future,

only thing with the 300 cfx is it comes with the old electrics, weak servos and some say underpowered motor, yes the 7200bx is a good selling point though,

but then again I don't mind the 3gx, and the dfc comes with the same servos as on my 450 dfc

pvolcko

300CFX got pushed back? Just got a call from my LHS saying that it should be showing up in the next 3-5 days and that it had shipped from their supplier in California. Maybe it got delayed for your region? Nuts if it did.

I'd also recommend the 300X or CFX. They can be a pain to get the vibes out of, but the size, power, etc is great. I hope you're flying indoors in a good size area. I'd be hesitant to fire it up in anything but an empty warehouse or hangar, much less a 450! :)

Slobberdog

Thanks Paul, reasonable size hall, 450 on the tight size in one of them but we are careful while we fly, that's one reason I want a small bird,

Not sure about the CFX its gonna be between 450 and 500 usd over here and you get a plastic tail box tail grips and belt drive plus servos that there's been plenty of complaints about over time, but it does have a cracking fbl unit, even if all the wires are zip tied to the rear of the side frame, my OCD started twitching with that, plus the canopy looks so cheap still.

If it had been sub £300 over here I might have held on, time will tell if I made a bad choice but we will see, I think it will be a cracking bird but again time will tell, don't fancy being a guinea pig, like so many with the 150 DFC.

So I have a Trex 250 pro DFC on hold in my LHS will pick up tomorrow and a pal is lending me a couple of batteries till mine get in from the Netherlands so I can build and set up the bird, so build thread will be started soon.

Lee

Sweet mate.
I'm really keen to see if the 250s are much better now, than when I had one 4 years ago.

danhampson

nice. I'll be interested in the build on this one. good luck with the build looking forward to plenty of build pics.

Slobberdog

Happy and gutted all at once, last time to use the 130x after replacing dodgy servo, and to give me a bit of security as filmed it working fully before I packed it up.

Now just to post it off,

Bye bye my little money pit, you taught me loads.

And yes I would by another std one, not modified,

xokia

I just sold my 130x also. I let mine go just because I've out grown it. It just doesn't have the power I'm interested in any longer.

I think I would have picked up a souped up 300x. You can get the pretty reasonable and with the CF frame are pretty nice.

Top Bottom