Bit by the "Heli-Bug" in Virginia!

Hey Y'all (Yes, that's how we say hello around here!),

I'm a Great-Grandfather (retired/disabled) having a blast flying helicopters again! It started last January when my Grandson and I got toy store grade helicopters...That was fun, but I knew there were better things to fly out there! Went to my LHS and it's been "all she wrote" ever since. Started with coaxial, Blade mCX2...Then fixed pitch, Blade mSR and 120SR...Then CP, with the Blade SR and mCPX BL! I also bought the Phoenix V5 RC simulator to help in learning to fly collective pitch, and I am still learning and have a long way to go!
I love flying helis and I try to learn all I can, as fast as I can about the sport, via YouTube, e-books and RC groups like this. I'm also a member of "HeliFreaks"...
I really love and appreciate all the "Newbie" help experienced Heli flyers give so freely on these sites! I hope to be able to return the favor some day...
Please feel free to offer any advice or tips that may help my learning curve...thank you.

HeliBaby1527
Va. Beach, VA

EyeStation

Good Hello And Welcome to the forum from Chicago.
What TX did you set your Blade SR up with? Curious because I am trying to get my brothers to work correctly with a DX6i.

Derek

Welcome to the forum! I wish you the absolute best of luck with your Blade SR! The Blade SR and the DX6i was my first collective pitch combination and I struggled with it greatly. It turned out to be such a money pit for me. Perhaps it was "operator error", perhaps it was something wrong with my particular SR. Who knows! I have seen many many Youtube videos of people flying their Blade SR helicopters with great success, so I'm sure it can be done.

Also...we have an "Official RCH Phoenix RC Simulator" thread. Next time you get on the simulator, post a brief message there and let other forum members know that you are on the sim. Maybe they'll join you. I know that I like to fly with other forum members.

Dirk

Welcome HeliBaby!

Unfortunately, I do not not know of any spray-on heli-repellent yet. I've got the same problem - the heli bugs keep on biting!

Last edited:
Re: Bit by the "Heli-Bug" in Virginia!

Thanks for the welcome, Derek!
The SR is a very tough nut to crack and I am struggling too, but I ain't giving up! It hovers and flies SO easily in the Phoenix V5 sim? Thanks for the sim invite too...

All My Best,
HeliBaby1527

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for the welcome, Dirk!
I think I'll just let them keep on biting me...love to fly'em! And I can see by your Awesome Collection, so do you!

All The Best,
Terry
HeliBaby1527

Thanks so much for the welcome, Lee!
Wow, your YouTube channel is awesome...Tagged a bunch of videos to watch later, especially the mCPX and tips/tricks! I just got the BL version and I need all the help I can get! What a little "beast"!Please feel free to offer any tips, advice or experience...I'm just learning CP helis (at 60 years old!) and my eye/hand coordination isn't what it used to be, but I'm not going to give up! I will get it because I love flying these birds!

All my best,
Terry Branch
HeliBaby1527
Va. beach, VA

Lee

Your very welcome Terry.
Ask away, with any questions you have.
Myself and the other great members will be quick to answer if we can, or point you in the right direction to someone that does know.

Re: Bit by the "Heli-Bug" in Virginia!

"G'day Mate!"
Thanks for the welcome from "down under"!
Oh, I kinda enjoy those Heli-Bug bites, as I usually treat them with a new bird purchase! Awesome collection you have, Keith! You musta been bitten a bunch of times!lol
Y'all have never made me feel more welcome...I'm liking this site very much already!

All my best,
Terry Branch
HeliBaby1527
Va. Beach, VA

- - - Updated - - -

Good Morning, Wolfman!
Thank you so much for the welcome! I am really "stoked" with all the great vibes I've received from folks on this site!

My fleet is very small...only five birds, because I am a "newbie". I listed them in my profile just a little while ago and I am going to get a picture when they are all healthy. Got a sick Blade SR right now and she wouldn't like me taking a picture of her yet. But I will post one soon...

You have an incredible fleet, Kyle! I upgraded my DX6i too, with a backlight, orange gimbal sticks and aluminum roller/selector. I really love that TX!
Hope to hear from you again soon...

All my best,
Terry Branch
HeliBaby1527
Va. Beach, VA

wolfman76

I no longer have that dx6i I now have a custom painted dx8 I think I have a pic or video of it in the spektrum dx8 section.. and thank you

Top Bottom