450 Binding

tarnall

I am not sure where to post this/these questions, but I am kinda stuck. I am following the videos in this site for building my Trex 450 Pro DFC. I am not sure how to "bind" my receiver(s) - hook them all up to centering the servos before installing them - following the videos. It kinda appears in the video he's using a separate..."speed control" I got a lot of electronics and cables with this kit and it doesn't really appear to be plug and play.

I saw a couple of YouTube videos using the DX8/Binding, but most of their stuff was pretty simple to connect. With this kit I have: RCE-BL35P, Spektrum AR8000, Model CE 9645, Spektrum TM1000 and Align 3Gx.

Do I need to center the servos before I install them? If so how do I hook up to do that with what I have in this kit?

I already set up DX8 for heli according the DX8 videos. I have a charged 2100mAh LiPo battery and charger.

Is there someone I can have a kind of one and one with getting though some of this stuff? I'm on Facebook and Skype and tas-dot-spam-at-gmail-dot-com, Ham Radio - choose a frequency - WinSystem is pretty good if your within shot of a repeater. Or even Google chat/video.

It would be nice if someone could make a video on just how to hookup the stuff that comes in this kit to bind the receiver(s) and align the servos with the DX8! :)

I got lots of time too - I retired recently. :) Thanks, Terry

Tony

Staff member
Hey Terry, I'm the one in the videos and I would be more than happy to help out.

You are right, i was using the ESC (RCE-BL35P) to power the 3GX. With the DX8, you do not need to use the AR8000. Just plug one or two of the satellite Rx's into the 3GX. Once you have the Satellites plugged in, put the bind plug into the bind port on the 3GX. Plug in the ESC and you should get flashing lights on the satellites (fast flashing). Push the bind button on the DX8 and turn the Tx on with the antenna pointing away from the model and at least 3' away. The lights on the satellite should start to slowly blink, then go solid. When they go solid, it's bound.

From there, you need to hook up the servos to the 3GX so that you can center them and get the arms as close to 90º as possible. If you install the servos before powering them on, you run the risk of them binding to the frame, and there is no way to adjust the arms once installed. So powering them on first is a must.

The aileron servo will go on the front right as you are looking at it from the rear looking to the front. YOu will plug that servo into the AIL port on the 3GX. The front left servo is your Pitch servo, and will plug into the AUX1 port on the 3GX. The rear servo is your elevator and will plug into the ELE port.

When looking at the servos from the front, meaning the arms are facing you and the arms are closest to the top of the servo, the aileron will point to the right, pitch to the left, and I honestly can't remember on the elevator, but I think it faces to the right like the aileron.

All of this is in my video that I made and there is also a great write up that Stokke did that is a sticky in teh beginner heli section with pictures and he explains it quite well. Just an FYI

Once you have your arms on the servos, you can power off the 3GX and install the servos. Make sure to install the motor and set your gear mesh FIRST before installing the servos as you can't do it once the servos are installed.

Hope this helped.

john2012

Banned
- - - Updated - - -

:confusion:Hey just a quick question on my t-rex 450 sport i put a spektrum 8000 rx with a single satellite rx now my problem is the signal wire is white correct well when i put the white wire to the lable i cannot bind it will not even light up to go into bind then i changed the signal wire to black and it bound, why is it doing this or shoud it be this way.

Last edited:

Derek

Yeah, I had the same issues with mine. All my other Rx's that I use, the signal wire goes up. On the AR8000, the signal wire goes down. Took me nearly 15 minutes to sort that one out, lol.

Top Bottom