Other Binding problem

Cairnsy40

Hi all
I'm new to all this, so my 1st question is,
I can't get my tx to bind, there is no bind button on my art tech 2.4 , I can get the rx to flash but don't know where to go from there.
Any help very much appreciated

- - - Updated - - -

The tx is
Art tech e-fly 100. C 6ch
Rx is
Multiplex rx-7-synth
Zoom 450 heli

Cairnsy40

My transmitter looks very similar to that one except I don't have a bind button that I can see.
Is there any other procedure that is done

Tony

Staff member
Is there a bind button on the back of the tx, just under the antenna on the module that is plugged into the back of the tx?

Cairnsy40

image.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

image.jpgimage.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

I've added a couple of pictures of my transmitter,and as far as I can tell there is no binding buttons

image.jpg

image.jpg

Tony

Staff member
Ah, that's why. you are flying on a 35mHz system. There is no binding of these systems. They use crystals to select the frequency. If you pull that plug from the back of the Tx where that little tag is coming out of, you can see the crystal. IMO, I would purchase a better Tx and get rid of the long antenna.

Cairnsy40

Yes I have removed the crystal to look at it,
So should it just connect to the rx automatically. When I power up the rx with the set button pressed then released it flashes and after turning the on off button I get a solid light but don't have any response from the tx,
Thanks for your help so far

Tony

Staff member
This Tx, being an FM Transmitter, can only work with a receiver that is of the same brand, and has the same crystal on the same frequency. This transmitter can not work with a 2.4GHz receiver.

Cairnsy40

This is the rx that is in it

- - - Updated - - -

image.jpgimage.jpgThis is the rx that is in it

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry about the multiple images

image.jpg

image.jpg

Tony

Staff member
As long as it has the same crystals in it as the transmitter, it should work just by turning it on.

And moved this into the Tx section.

Cairnsy40

So basically I've been had with this old equipment,
Question for anyone, if I upgrade my transmitter and receiver will the servos that are fitted plug into the upgraded tx and rx?
Thanks again

Tony

Staff member
I wouldn't say you have been had if the Tx and Rx actually work. If you are getting nothing out of them, then I'm afraid so.

And the servos should plug straight in. I say should because there are some old plugs that don't work with the newer equipment, but you can always change the ends if need be. However, if the servos are as old as the Tx, I would be looking into new servos as well.

Top Bottom