450 binding dx8 to 3gx

john2012

Banned
need help binding my dx8 to 3gx pro 450 and also need to know if the white wire goes to the top of the 3gx i have the white wire to the top where the letters are and it won't bind

Tony

Staff member
Signal wire goes towards the label. To bind the 3GX to a DX8, connect your satellite Rx's to teh gyro, put the bind plug in the lower right port (bind port), and power on the helicopter. The satellites should start flashing fast. Push and hold your trainer switch on your DX8 and turn it on (making sure you are on the correct model). Once the lights on the satellite go solid, you are bound. Remove the bind plug and the gyro will initialize as usual.

john2012

Banned
thanks tony that work but i had the bind plug in the wrong place,now it looks like my a and p are in the wrong place and the servos were centered that is possible

Tony

Staff member
You have to set your directions before you 90 your servos. Now, if/when you reverse one of the servos, the subtrim that you put in is going to go the other way and throw that way off.

tarnall

I'm still a little confused about where exactly the binding plugs in to the 3gx, is it just below the colored doted plug indicators?

Second question, I assume ESC is referring to the Align RCE-BL35P, and where does it plug into the 3gx, at the same level as the Binding plug or vertical plug called THR?
The manual shows it in series or parallel with a servo into the THR plug.

Holding off on powering anything up till I here from someone.
Thanks
Terry

Karubah

Bind plug goes into the bind port below the coloured dots horizontally which is on the bottom right looking directly at the ports . The wire from the esc goes into the throttle port white wire to the top. This supplies power to the 3 Gx as well as signal to the esc for throttle. Hope this makes sense, someone else might chime in that can explain it better than me.

weekender

After flying my T-rex with a single satellite receiver I just purchased a second receiver. Will I need to rebind the 3GX for it to correctly use both satellite receivers?

Tony

Staff member
After flying my T-rex with a single satellite receiver I just purchased a second receiver. Will I need to rebind the 3GX for it to correctly use both satellite receivers?

Yes, you will need to bind to the new satellite Rx. Just use the standard bind procedure to do so. Let us know if you have any other questions by making your own thread.

Top Bottom