1. If you would like to get rid of these banners and the ads within the posts, all you have to do is sign up and they will go away!
  2. Welcome to Rc-Help, are you here looking for the PDF Plans? They are located in the store in the tab above, but you must be signed in to access that part of the site. It only takes a second to sign up!
  3. Like Us On Facebook!
    Hello Guest, it occurred to us during that last server failure that we had no way of informing the members of the site of the failure and I would like to invite you to like us on facebook so that you can get updates if the site happens to go down again. We don't post much over there unless we are updating the members so we will not flood your feed like some places do. Just click on Like and then allow notifications and that's it. See you there soon!

Click Here To Rc-Help's Facebook page!
    Dismiss Notice
Hey Guest, I see you are not signed up on our forum yet. Did you know Registration is FREE and is only a couple clicks away? You can even sign in from Facebook, Twitter or Google+ for your convenience! So what are you waiting for, CLICK HERE to join in on the conversation!

General Binding A Dx6i

Discussion in 'Airplanes' started by BCJ, Jul 5, 2018.

1. BCJ

BCJ New Member

I am trying to bind a plane to my DX6i but am having a problem.
    The bind process seems to go well but then when it's finished, after the receiver gives those three tones, there is a pause and then it starts to beep steadily. The control surfaces work, but the throttle does not. HELP !

2. Tony

Tony Administrator Staff Member

That seems like the BEC is being over powered and is resetting. But you might need to calibrate your ESC. First, power on your Tx and raise the throttle all the way. Take the prop off. plug in your plane, wait for two beeps and lower the throttle stick all the way down. You should hear it initialize and you should be good to go.

3. BCJ

BCJ New Member

Unfortunately, that did not work. I never got the two beeps.

4. Tony

what ESC do you have?

5. BCJ

BCJ New Member

BL-20 SD

6. Tony

7. BCJ

BCJ New Member

8. Tony

Go into the travel adjust for the throttle and make the low throttle number larger. This will lower the low throttle. See if that initializes it. If that doesn't work, then I would say get a new ESC that is a little better than that one. Hobbywing comes to mind and is one that I use.

9. BCJ

BCJ New Member

well, i think i might have found the problem. This is a plane i've had around for a while and the wire inside the red lead from esc to motor has come out. Can i just solder them back together.

thanks for all your help, Tony!

10. Tony

That would definitely cause the issues you are having. Not sure about the motor not working though when the other servos are working... But it is definitely worth a shot. And yes, you can solder that wire if you need to. If it is on the very end, it would be best to put new ends on the wire.

11. Smoggie

Smoggie Well-Known Member

Yes, the red wire being disconnected could cause problems but what i'm curious about is how the receiver and servos are working if the red wire from the ESC (which is the supply of power from the BEC) is not connected. The planes electronics should all be 'dead' without that wire.

do you have some sort of separate receiver battery pack powering the receiver? If you do then the red wire from the ESC needs to be disconnected.

12. tntpoof

tntpoof Member

get a ubec or bec leave the red wire off thats you problem..ive been in this hobby ive been in this hobby 20+ years I have always run becs .not bec off any esc

13. BCJ

BCJ New Member

UPDATE: so after a lot of fooling around trying to solve this problem, I decided that the ESC might be shot. So I ordered a new one and just installed it. THAT was it! Everything seems to be fine now. Thanks for all your help, Tony.

14. Tony

Sucks about the bad ESC, but definitely glad you got it working. :thumbsup: