450 Binding 3gx problem

Eggy 71

I am trying to bind a orange 615x to 3gx gyro with a spectrum dx6xi receiver. I have the 6 signal wires plugged in and power in the batt/bind port from the the s.bus / bind port. I plug it in and seems to bind but both status and gov light remain red and it does a steady rapid beep. A test servo appears to work as well as the fail safe but as soon as I turn off power the link is lost. The receiver flashes rapidly again as I power up. Not sure what my next step would be.

Eggy 71

I am trying to bind a orange 615x to 3gx gyro with a spectrum dx6xi receiver. I have the 6 signal wires plugged in and power in the batt/bind port from the the s.bus / bind port. I plug it in and seems to bind but both status and gov light remain red and it does a steady rapid beep. A test servo appears to work as well as the fail safe but as soon as I turn off power the link is lost. The receiver flashes rapidly again as I power up. Not sure what my next step would be.

One other thing. The system will rebind without a bind plug installed.
The 3gx have ver 4.0 software and I updated to 5.0 but same thing happens.

Tony

Staff member
The rapid beep is coming from your ESC and is toned through your motor. This is the ESC telling you that it has not received a low throttle signal. Turn everything off. Turn the Tx on and raise the throttle all the way up. Plug in the helicopter/gyro, you should hear a series of two consecutive beeps. When you hear the beeps, lower the throttle stick. This will set the endpoints in your ESC.

The rapid flashing lights on the Rx after you turn it off and turn it back on is to tell you it lost bind with the Tx at some point in the flight.

The status lights are red because you have not setup governor or gyro gains in your Tx. If you set your gyro to channel 5 then set the gain to 65 the status light will turn green to tell you it's in heading hold mode. Red is rate mode. And the other light you can not change on a 6 channel Rx so don't even worry about that one. But you MUST do the governor setup in the gyro! This is important.

Eggy 71

The rapid beep is coming from your ESC and is toned through your motor. This is the ESC telling you that it has not received a low throttle signal. Turn everything off. Turn the Tx on and raise the throttle all the way up. Plug in the helicopter/gyro, you should hear a series of two consecutive beeps. When you hear the beeps, lower the throttle stick. This will set the endpoints in your ESC.

The rapid flashing lights on the Rx after you turn it off and turn it back on is to tell you it lost bind with the Tx at some point in the flight.

The status lights are red because you have not setup governor or gyro gains in your Tx. If you set your gyro to channel 5 then set the gain to 65 the status light will turn green to tell you it's in heading hold mode. Red is rate mode. And the other light you can not change on a 6 channel Rx so don't even worry about that one. But you MUST do the governor setup in the gyro! This is important.

I'm progressing but not far. I have managed to get the beeping to stop thanks to Tony's help but now another issue. I separated the 3gx from the receiver to confirm which part had the issue. I powered the 615x directly from the esc to a channel and bound the transmitter to my dx6i. Then followed Tony's advice and got the beeping to stop. I put a test servo in the pitch channel and it operates slightly but all other channel inputs ( aileron, elevator ) also operate the servo while plugged into pitch. Tail channel did not affect . Is this receiver screwed?

Lillyryan

This is normal for ail pit and elev to move with the pitch channel. When you raise the pitch the elevator and aileron servos should raise also.

Eggy 71

Ok, I guess that was a bad example but I still have problems. The receiver will bind and stay bound if I power it from any port except the bind/battery port. When I power it directly from esc through there it looks to rebind every time. I tried re wiring it through the 3gx and it still will not bind . The only way to use the bind plug when completely wired up is through the bat/auxout on the 3gx , right?

Tony

Staff member
When you bind the 3GX with a separate Rx, you must use the bind port on the Rx, not on the 3GX.

Eggy 71

My problem is i can bind the receiver but once I wire up the 3gx to the receiver. the 6 signal wires go to their respective ports and the only port left to power it is the bind/bat port. when I do this and power up, the receiver flashes as unbound and the port is now in use and can't be used for the bind plug.

Smoggie

The flashing LED doesnt necessarily mean that the receiver is unbound. If you are in DSM2 mode and if you power cycled the receiver without also power cycling the transmitter then the LED will flash because the receiver 'thinks' that it has suffered a brownout.

Did you turn the transmitter off and on again?.. If not try it.

Eggy 71

its the binding that has been confusing me. I can bind the receiver without problems only if I insert the bind plug in the batt/ bind port and power it from any other port. I power down and I can move the power port to any port OTHER than the batt/bind port and it powers up with a solid amber light and a servo works in the rudder port ( only when rudder input from tx). The problem is when I try to use the bat/bind port for power after it's been bound to the Tx. I've tried it both with the signal wires from the 3gx hooked up (which only leaves me the option of bat/bind for power) and with no signal wires hooked up to confirm 3gx isn't the problem.
As soon as I try to power the bound Rx from the bat/bind port , it's lost it's bind to the tx. The amber light flashes rapidly and the servo does not operate. It's not the red flash that shows a brownout. It's the bind light that is flashing. In short the Rx always resets itself to unbound when powered from bat/bind port. The weird thing is that I can rebind an empty Rx by going through the bind process without using a bind plug. And when the 3gx is attached it won't bind at all.

- - - Updated - - -

A new devolopment makes me even more confused. Still all the same unbinding occurs as previously mentioned and now on the third attempt to bind (without a bind plug) with 3gx signal wires connected IT BOUND. No servos were connected and it made some low toned beeps. First 1beep , then 2beeps, and then Finished with 3 beeps . All the time the Amber stayed solid. 3gx still has 2 red lights in status and gov but all is quiet. If I disconnect the battery (with tx remaining on as per normal operations) and then reconnect the battery the bind is gone. I really don't know if I'm making progress or not.

Lillyryan

Are you binding in correct procedure? Connect bind plug to bind port, connect power to rx, turn on transmitter and depress bind on transmitter. Once bound, power off rx, power off tx, remove bind plug, power on tx, power on rx. Always turn tx on first after bind.

Eggy 71

Are you binding in correct procedure? Connect bind plug to bind port, connect power to rx, turn on transmitter and depress bind on transmitter. Once bound, power off rx, power off tx, remove bind plug, power on tx, power on rx. Always turn tx on first after bind.

I use that procedure (as long as I use any port other than the bat/bind port to supply power) and the Rx binds fine. The problem is there are only 7,ports on the 615x. 6 are used for the signal wires connecting the 3gx. That leaves me only the bat/ bind port to supply power to the Rx. Any time I supply power through the bat / bind port on the Rx it unbinds itself. It is as if any plug inserted in the bat/ bind ports acts as a bind plug.
The second part is while only power is supplied through the bat/ bind port ( no bind plug installed) I can go through the bind procedure (minus the bind plug)and it works. That shouldn't be able to happen should it?

Eggy 71

[video=youtube_share;L0fX7vKivP4]https://youtu.be/L0fX7vKivP4[/video] I video is worth a thousand words plus.
I use that procedure (as long as I use any port other than the bat/bind port to supply power) and the Rx binds fine. The problem is there are only 7,ports on the 615x. 6 are used for the signal wires connecting the 3gx. That leaves me only the bat/ bind port to supply power to the Rx. Any time I supply power through the bat / bind port on the Rx it unbinds itself. It is as if any plug inserted in the bat/ bind ports acts as a bind plug.
The second part is while only power is supplied through the bat/ bind port ( no bind plug installed) I can go through the bind procedure (minus the bind plug)and it works. That shouldn't be able to happen should it?

Tony

Staff member
Remove the signal wire from that 3 wire. Something in the 3GX is causing it to go into bind for some reason. Just something else to make you mad from the 3GX lol. All you need to do is feed power to the 3GX, that signal wire is not needed.

I have never seen it do this, might be a quirk of the orange RX or it could be something with your 3GX. Hope you have good luck with the 3GX.

Eggy 71

Remove the signal wire from that 3 wire. Something in the 3GX is causing it to go into bind for some reason. Just something else to make you mad from the 3GX lol. All you need to do is feed power to the 3GX, that signal wire is not needed.

I have never seen it do this, might be a quirk of the orange RX or it could be something with your 3GX. Hope you have good luck with the 3GX.

It would do the same type of thing if I powered directly from ESC ( by passing 3gx completely). it would make some sounds and when it (re)bound gave signal directly to ecs and started the motor. Its going back.

Eggy 71

its supposed to be for both. discription is :
compatible with DSM2/DSMX 1024/2048 aircraft radio and modular systems
CCPM output allowing for connection with CCPM devices
6 channels

Top Bottom