Big Disappointment...

RCD

Glencairn Drone
After the wind started to calm down, i decided it was a good time tofly my E-Flite UMX Geebee. I was really excited because i havent flown it in 2-3 weeks. I take off, fly around for a couple of minutes and everything is fine. Then i do a turn on the right side of my yard and i lose signal!!:pissed-off: I've flown it in that area before without any issues!! So, i go to the crash site and everything works. I started to do a range test by walking backwards and moving ailerons until i lose control, and it loses control after like 20yds!!!?? I have NOO idea why i keep losing signal with it. Could it be that the UM reciever units just dont have enough range? I cant fly it at my AMA field because i lose it their too.....

So anyways, i got some other planes out with Spektrum RXs and some knock-offs to test signal. I put them in the area i lost signal in and they work fine. i could go 100yds away and they would be fine!

Do you guys know why it lost signal?!?

Tony

Staff member
I would check the antenna wire on the board in teh plane. If you are not having this issue with any other plane, then it's not your Tx.

RCD

Glencairn Drone
Do you mean the antenna placement or the solder joint connecting the antenna to the circuit board?

Tony

Staff member
Unfortunately, I don't know what the board looks like in the Gee Bee, but I would assume it's like the mcpx antenna. Just a simple wire. If the wire is broke in the middle or at the board, you will get a reduced range.

Top Bottom