Better Flying HK450GT

Adam

So it has been beautiful weather lately and have been flying alot more. Dont read into the video too much i actually was screwing around just having fun lol. What a long journey to this point. I have a bigger flying field down the street and i will get a video of some nose in and i think i will try inverted and crash.
[video=youtube_share;45sreWwJeOo]http://youtu.be/45sreWwJeOo[/video]

- - - Updated - - -

And this is with all erazor electronics there is nothing special in this heli except DX6i lol Time to upgrade

Tony

Staff member
Looking a LOT better than me the last time I flew a 450 lol. But we will just have to wait and see what happens when I get my 450 Pro. Too bad it has a flybar lmao. Should be good times. Keep up the good work.

Adam

Now i want to replace this motor and esc and use these on the trainer build. NOw what would be the best deal of cost and quality for the money and where. ANy input would be appreciated. Thanks guys I will get another video this weekend in the bigger field.

murankar

Staff member
Not bad, we are at about the same skill level. just starting to get into side in. I am also running a huge upgrade more on this at a later date.

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
Great flying Adam! Now you need to get the t maxx out running around while your flying the heli! Lol

Tony

Staff member
The motor in this helicopter has too high of a kv rating for the trainer. You need about a 1000kv motor for the trainer. In all honesty, I would upgrade the 4 servos and the gyro and leave the motor and ESC in teh heli. The motor has great power and I have never had any issues with that ESC. I think Paul is still using my Dynam ESC and motor in his HK450GT lol.

Morelight

Fearless Freep
Whattt!!!!!!!!!! That HK has original parts? and its flying? One in a million :) Nice setup and flying man. You've gotten a lot better.

Tony

Staff member
My HK450GT was the best helicopter I have ever owned, and I didn't replace a THING on it. Well, I did when I crashed it, and yes, it's on video and in my channel lmao.

Have a look. This helicopter is ALL STOCK except for the paint on the stock canopy.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ileeE4YsHQM

Adam

I have spent alot of time setting this up. Thank you morelight i appreciate it. Always changing something making it better. Thank you for sharing that vid tony I haven't seen it in awhile and yes i laugh every time i screw up and it feels good to do that cause i know i will get it back flying lol. I have just taken it out today and its windy and what is in your video just happens just have to hope your reaction is quick enough. I have now turned my dual rate and expo to 100 so i dont have to be so heavy on the sticks and man does this bird have some speed. I will have to upgrade these servos and gyro finally. But I want to get this trainer built first since I am almost positive that will be cheaper lol.

Tony

Staff member
Give me a little bit and I will let you know about how these Solar Servos work. I ordered the D650's for the cyclic and the D658 for the tail. Lets hope they are good. We will see next week I hope.

Adam

So on this post i was a little confused but i think i figured it out. You mean that these might be cheaper than align servos which i keep putting off cause of the cost. If i am reading this wrong let me know. cause if i went with align servos and gyro you would be talking almost 300 bucks lol

murankar

Staff member
Just to let you know the solar servos are close to the operation specs of the Align. I would have bought those when I bought my MG90S servos, out of stock. Anyhow I just bought the first two of my new cyclic servods. thats ran me almost $70 alone, next payday I will be making another purchase for the last servo and a few other things. Then my last upgrade for a long long time will be ordered on July 1. I did not get the Align servos but some claim that they are made by the brand I bought, so we will see.

Tony

Staff member
I wasn't trying to compare Solar to Align, just starting that I will let everyone know how they work on this helicopter. I would still choose Align over Solar, but I'm broke lol.

Adam

arent we all lol. but you always get us to spend it on more exciting things hahahaha

murankar

Staff member
I was just saying they are close to operational specs not quality. I am kinda broke too, and since I only have a month and a half left till my last order I want to ensure I have quality parts. Like i said prior I would have got them had they been in stock.

Top Bottom