450 best gyro for the money?

looking for the best gyro for the money.. I have a HK 401b but it's wayy too sensitive, and causes lots of WAG & brownouts.... I'm looking for something that'll be stable, and have good head hold abilities for my HK 450GT Pro... looking for stability, and ease of adjustment.

murankar

Staff member
If you have a digital tail servo the Assan GA 250 or the HK GA 250. They are cheap and hold really well for a beginner. I got my off ebay for about $23 with free shipping, the HK rebrand is around $10 plus shipping and a lot of waiting. IMO

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Ditch it all. Go to the classifieds of different forums. People going FBL, do they are selling their gp750, 780, 790 for under 40 bucks. You will not have to touch that gyro for anything Once it's installed.. ... It's ROCK SOLID!

I have used ga250, gy48v... They are decent for the price but all in all, you'll see ga250 is a bit moody.. It holds good , but moody lol.

Gy48v is good but it doesn't like temperature changes. You have to let it acclimatize to new temperature going from cold car to hot outside or vice versa, or it tends to drift... As soon as you are over the hovering stage, you'll need a gyro with a very strong hold.

I was a firm believer in cheaper the better lol.. Still am.. But gyro is something that if it gets screwy , there is almost no chance of recovery ESP for a beginner.

My strong recommendation, find a gp780 or 790 used or used like new from the forums.... If you can bargain and deal hunt like I can, ;) you'll find it in your right price range .. :)

Last edited:

Tony

Staff member
What Gaba said is dead on. I would choose the GA 250 over the 48v any day of the week, but you HAVE to run a digital gyro on it. If you are going to spend money on anything, do it on the gyro and tail servo. You need a solid tail on these. Pair the 780 or 790 with a DS420 or DS520, adn you will never worry about the tail again.

Paulster2

I am El Taco!
Here are some eBay examples for the GP790. I think the lower priced ones are probably good deals, if your bid is accepted. It is eBay though.

ordered a DS420 for $27 should be here in a week or so.. the GP790 fell through lost it at $56... I got hoem too late.. in another bid.. 2 more days..

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
yeah, true, its bigger and way stronger cause its a 500 size servo.. but ds420 is very very good too. its 450 size. I used a 450 size tail servo for a long time on my 450 heli.. It was great! they mount on the boom..

Scott.. one thing I would tell you to check in the frame you got HK450GT pro u said, they sometimes send ONLY frame mounting peice for the tail servo. the one that sits under the tail boom block and the long tail push rod to go with it. your 420 will need the setup that mounts the servo on the boom. For that you will need to get the two hook clamp thingies that hold your servo on the boom and also the shorter tail push rod to drive the tail slider. If you have all that .. GREAT! if not.. then you might wanna order that stuff too... this is the pics of what I am talking about..

If this is all you have in your kit (the piece on the left for mounting servo), that mounts 500 size servos.. like ds520

H45031 Fuselage Parts T-Rex 450 Pro V3

then you need this then...
CNC Metal Tail Servo Mount

and
Tail Servo Linkage Rod

now these both are out of stock in hobbypartz.. these are stock to trex 450 sport. so any website that has these two peices for a trex 450 sport, will fit your heli with the ds420. IF you have a lhs, you can go to them and they should have this too..
Gaba

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!

Tony

Staff member
The DS420 is a really good servo, but as stated, if you have the pro, I would rather spend the extra money on the 520 servo rather than the mount for the 420. The 520 as stated is just better all around. On my pro, I used a 9g servo as well, but I also had to custom fab up a mount to fit a 9g servo into a 26g hole. Hope it all works out for you.

I already bought the Align "sport" aluminum mounts... yes the GT Pro came with the center servo mount for a 500 series servo.

Top Bottom