450 Best Batteries

Tony

Staff member
I have never seen that pack before. Looks like it is meant to fit in a small space. The 2650's I was talking about are pretty much the exact same size as a 2200 pack. Definitely not like this.

Here is a 2200 - Turnigy nano-tech 2200mah 3S 45~90C Lipo Pack

Here is a 2650 - Turnigy nano-tech 2650mah 6S 45~90C Lipo Pack w/XT-60

The 2200 has a dimension of 112x36x26mm

The 2650 has a dimension of 135x44x33mm

Their weights are wrong so I won't post those. But as you can see, the size is just slightly larger.

Matt

I think I bought the wrong ones. I ordered the Turnigy batteries from eBay. I didn’t look at the dimensions when I bought them. What is the difference between a 65c battery vs. a 30c battery?

Tony

Staff member
The C rating is the discharge rate of the battery. Here's a video to better explain it.

murankar

Staff member
That motor won't do 6s unless you can re gear your drive system. That motor kv is more for a 3s setup.

When I was flying my 450 I was getting 6 minute flight times. I had the same setup as yours except I had savox servos and a scorpion commander esc.

If your want more flight times drop your head speed to 3000 - 3200. This will give you more air time per flight. Unless you like the shorter flight times and crazy head speed.

Matt

My head speed is too much. I’ve got a 11.1v battery, a 3700kv motor, a 12 tooth pinion and a 121 tooth main gear. I’ve got to get a different motor cause the head speed is just too much and I’m only getting about 4.5 minutes of flight.

Tony

Staff member
You can also lower your motor pinion to an 11 or even a 10, but 10's like to crack. Very thin wall. I would look at the Align 3400kv motor for 3s. Works great.

murankar

Staff member
Motor is fine, unless you can't get an 11t or 10t pinion.

The way I set my 450 up was based on a target headspeed of 3500 at 100% throttle output. I would set my Hobbywing governor to 3200 rpm for flight mode 3 or bank 3 and then set a head speed around 3000 rpm for bank 2 and something in the middle for bank 2.

This setup allowed my governor to work correctly for bank 3. I allowed about 200 rpm for headroom while at my highest headspeed.

So what you need to do is set your throttle curve to a lower percentage. This will lower your headspeed.

Top Bottom