450 Best 450 ever??

I now have 3 450's that I fly (and repair) regularly. The worst is my razor 450 (even with many upgrades) and the best flying is my align FBL pro 3gx (with no upgrades). My middle 450 is my HK with almost ALL upgrades except motor and esc. It flies almost as well as my trex pro but definitely not as "crisp"? ;). Here is my question. If I wanted to build the "best" 450 ever then I would probably not even use ANY Align electronics but just their mechanics right? I mean if you HAD the money then there are third parties (like scorpion for motors) that build better stuff than even Align right? Or would I be better off (both money and quality) by buying an expensive kit like Mostro or??

Slobberdog

Best 450 at the moment is probably the warp 360, but that's dominator 450 size, but kds are bringing out 2 360 bladed heli's very soon so that's gonna make the market go up a notch, think Sab are gonna join the party at some point just not sure when......

murankar

Staff member
This is going to be subjective some people are die hard Align folks. But to answer your question I have a small list of great 450 helis (ones that swing 325mm blades)

In no particular order:
1) MS Heli Protos Mini
2) Gaui X3
3) Compass Warp 360
4) Align 450L

As for what electrics to use, stay away from all Align electrics there are better options available.
For motors not to many choices Sorpion is the only name that pops into my head for a 3S setup
For a 6S setup (with 350mm and up blades) you can add KDE Direct into your list. Servos I would
consider RJX or there knock off brand. For your ESC you have Scorpion, Kontronic and Castle. Gyros
are going to be your big issue, which one do I go with. I would look at the new Spartan
Vortex along with the standard ones (i.e. iKon, B.D., Skookum, BeastX, V-Bar etc, ect, ect). Blades I really
like the Rails blades at 326mm but the choice is yours on those.

When looking at cost you need to factor in your crash cost. Start looking at what alike parts cost across the brands. I found Gaui to be the most cost effective overall. Its a solid kit, designed well and now with the X3 having a belt option for the tail you cant go wrong. One other gimmik that Gaui has done is added some plug ins for your esc and servos right into the frame. I think its still being developed but TSH has released images of there idea. I am really liking it except for it being on G10. I own 2 of those kits mentioned. I can say that spending the money on a really good kit is always going to be better in the long run. The issue is how much do you spend on the kit, as much as you can afford. While Monstro is a quality kit I would not recommend it unless you willing to spend the cash. That one heli will suck you dry the first time you crash.

Last edited:

Lee

You seem to be talking about the BEST ALIGN 450 you can build.
But as Matthias said, there are plenty of other options out there.
As for whether to save you money for a Mostro, well thats a 700 not a 450 :)
You could probably get six 450s for the price of one Mostro :D

No, not talking about the best Align at all. Murankar has the right idea. I'm trying to find out who makes the best quality parts for every aspect of the heli. I just kind of assumed Align had the best replacemt parts for frame/mechanics but if someone else builds frames and replacement parts I would be interested. Also I was interested in whether or not your better off buying a high-end kit than purchasing all the 'best' parts separately to build an even better or "the best" 450 ever. ;). And yes, darn, the Mostro comes only as a 700.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
I agree with murankar on some things. Align electrics (not the gyro particularly ) aren't the worst actually. I fly align stuff all the time and no it's not bad. It's actually a very good mid range product for relatively cheap with parts relatively available . This is electronics I was clarifying about..

But that's not the question. Question is best 450 size.. Hands down warp360. Can't bear the performance , can't beat the looks. Can't beat the feel and stability. I am hanging on to it .. It's the only electric heli in my fleet. Align 150 is not my "fleet". It's my little toy :D

You'll never go back from a warp. Parts are cheap and available, and man does the bird fly!!! I have built my fair share of align and clone 450's.. I went to warp and I never even think of building another one. That's how I satisfied I've been. No issues anymore. Use scorpion motor, castle esc, and ikon, with a 6s battery and mks servos . :)

I got it built this way (except the motor) so I still use these electronics . :D

Slobberdog

As I said in post 2, if I get rid of my 450 pro DFC the warp might be on my shopping list, but could hang on to see if SAB comes out with a mini GOBBY

murankar

Staff member
I dont want people thinking that i am hating on Align. Align does have good stuff especially for budget conscious folks. If your looking for the best there is definitely better out there.

As for upcoming kits, there is a couple about to hit the market. I have herd the rumors of SAB possibly doing a 450 size kit. With their sizing conventions i think its going to be closer to a 500 vs 450.

Lee had posted a video of a new kit, cant remember which one it is. That looks like it might be a good kit also.

Continue to do your homework on which one you want. If the 360 is appealing to you, you wont be sorry. From what i have herd it flies more like a 500 than a 450. Which is a good thing.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

Top Bottom