General Bench reset AR7200BX and binding question

Icehunter

I am trying to corner the market on used AR7200BX units. Well maybe not but just picked up 5 of them. Can a person hook up a separate battery pack to them,run it thru a switch and bind without using the esc? I am just going to use a 4.8 V RX spectrum pack with switch. Then at the same time,get it into program mode and do a reset on it. Then I can mount them in the heli"s that I am converting over,or building from new.
Like say my 500 t-rex with new esc. If I was to pre bind and reset on the bench then all I have to do is set up the esc with it. All the setup vids I have watched always hook the 7200 up to a esc. It might sound like extra steps,but I have never used a 7200 before and wanted to check.

Boogs

Not sure you can, but I don't see the point. With a factory reset, you will still need to go thru all the setup and parameter menus with each helicopter. It's not hard to do, Tony has a great video that walks you thru each step. By the second one, you'll be doing it blindfolded.

Icehunter

My way of thinking is just starting it as a new unit. I know it has to be set,but at least wiping it clean and starting fresh will give me a piece of mind. Also on the bench without hooking it up,might save me some time. If I mount one up,wire it,cant get it to bind,etc then I have to do it over again. If I test them before hand,might be 2 months before I touch it again. At least that way I know its bound,should be working and can come back to it. I could set up 5 new models in my TX right now,bind each one,clear it,throw it in its respective heli box,come back in 2 months time and know that its ready to mount.

Boogs

OK, I see your point. I think you will have to use an ESC, but I've never tried to bind/reset with out one. It can be any ESC you have, I used a spare one from a Blade 200 SRX just because I had it.

Icehunter

I have done it with straight RX"s before. But never with a fbl unit. Shouldn't be any different then using a separate RX pack and a bec for power. Just like on a nitro unit. My 600N is sitting 3 feet from me. I could plug it in to a spare 6V wire off the bec,turn it on,bind,reset and voila. I have 6 different heli"s on the go right now between building and doing scale. I like to gather parts and keep them in there boxes and when the urge hits to build,grab a box and get at it!! I even take stuff to work with me and work on it if its slow or at coffee time.

Boogs

Using a BEC should work. After all it's voltage in from the ESC/BEC that matters. 6V should be fine. I've never tried that so I can't say one way or the other.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
That's pretty cleaver and different rjhenery. I like the set up and also the solar charger in the back ground.

rjhenry

Guess I should have cleaned up my desk a little before I took the pic LOL but ya it works grate and you'll never have a motor spool up on ya, so I usually power up that way any time I'm working on it .

Icehunter

That's awesome...Thanks RJ. I will just plug mine in with the ol 4.7 volt pack and switch at work and play away at coffee time.

Top Bottom