450 Begun the clone wars have!

Mda1701d

Well, after finding that the poor old skoda (blade 400) was worn out in many places, I ordered a 450 clone kit from hobby king. Arrived quickly, and, for the price, really not bad quality! The alloy parts are quite nice, carbon a little rough round the edges, but all fitted together nicely.
Once again really enjoyed putting a new heli together. I didn't use the blade servos, as I always had thought they weren't much good, so went for a set of hobby kings cyclics. They even look like aligns, and have metal gears. I had align tail servo already, just made an adaptor plate out of some ally from work.
I decided to sell the blade motor as well as all the spares I had for it, so really there's not much left of it now lol! Gyro is align 750.
The landing skids are a bit narrow, and don't look too sturdy, so I fitted a spare dominator set, along with the tail fin with white surround, and tail blades. Looks quite nice I think!
To finish the model, I am waiting on a nice pro canopy, as the clone one isn't that good!
Had two flights now, just hovering in the garden, and it seems quite nice, far more stable than the skoda ever was. I think the flybar links etc need to run in a it more, I had to size them as they were quite tight, but think they could be a bit smoother yet.
Still working towards getting the dominator in the air, just need that extra bit of confidence to lift off with the 3gx.........
Oh yes, and some calmer weather.....
Ah, and some better health!!image.jpg

Update.......
Had some range check issues with the reciever from the blade, so fitted an Orange rx with satellite. It appeared to be dos, but after closer inspection, a small s for signal could be found underneath, the plugs are all upside down compared to the spektrum! Now works fine, with good range.

image.jpg

Mda1701d

Thanks chaps!
One further thing to add, the hot tail servo issue I had with this stuff in the blade has gone, servo now only gets slightly warm, so was probably a setup thing with the worn out heli!

Top Bottom