General beginner

danny

hi everyone ..... what would be the best helicopter to start with .i tried the 450 dynam . but it was very hard to control.

Derek

Hi there! I'm not sure there is really a helicopter that anyone can say is the "best" to start with. You'll get many opinions, for sure. However, some good collective pitch helicopters to start with would be a 450 or 500 class helicopter. I've never flown a Dynam but I've seen videos of them being flown very well.

what seems to be the problem with yours?

Lee

For your very first heli, a 450 is definitely not the one to go for.
You want a small coaxial or fixed pitch heli like a Blade CX2, MSRX or similar.
There are many brands out there, Blade being one of the most recognised.
Then the best investment is a simulator like Phoenix, Real Flight or AccuRC.
This will teach you a tonne, and doesn't cost a thing, when you crash :D

stokke

If you are impatient to start flying, get a fixed pitch helicopter around the $100 - 150 mark.
But if you can restrain yourself, invest in a proper simulator and a transmitter - then, get a helicopter.

murankar

Staff member
I echo what Lee and stokke have mentioned. Get something like a blade 120sr or the msrx. Once you get a few months if flying under your belt then look at a 450 or a 500.

You should feel comfortable in all orientations before making the jump. For the 450 size kits I can recommend either the align 450 dfc or dominator. The other kit I recommend is the Gaui X3. I have the Gaui and it flies great and takes a decent crash quite well. I put mine in nose first without a canopy on and the frames and battery survived impact on cement.

Start small then work to a bigger size. Some people will skip the 450 and go straight to 500 or 550 size. They are much more stable over a 450 while in hover and in flight. Costs go up at this size so make sure you feel comfortable with flying before the jump.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

Stambo

The Dynam 450 with it's stock TX is a real nightmare to set up properly for a beginner.
I found a tutorial on setup somewhere, I will post a link when I find it.
You may be better to invest in a decent transmitter and receiver.

I echo what everyone else has said, a flight sim and a cheap, stable mini/micro.
I would suggest the V911 from Banggood.
It is cheap, stable, quite robust and will teach you all the basic orientation skills.
And you can fly it inside. :)

Top Bottom