500 Before and after

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Hello and a Merry Christmas to all. I hope everyone had a good day! I've been redoing my 500 with new electronics. I just finished dry fitting the new fuselage that Santa drop off. I just wanted to make sure that nothing was rubbing,binding and interfering the mechanical parts of the bird. A little sanding on the fuselage by the control arms and I had to move my AR7300BX back some in order for the boom part to fit. Few other minor adjustment but nothing out of the ordinary. Should be done by the new year :arms: here's the 500 before look IMG_1009.JPG and here's the 500 after. Tell me you think? IMG_1013.JPG

IMG_1009.JPG

IMG_1013.JPG

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Who makes the fuselage, and where can I get one? Looks sick.

Hey there mousie, :shhh: I purchased that fuselage from HeliDirect before Christmas. Good luck, ever since I've purchased the one I have, I haven't seen it in stock yet :frown:.

mousie

Thank's DOG , I will check them out. Looks like you remove the tail boom supports. My 500 has the boom mounted tail servo, will the fuse clear it or will I have to change it to a pro style one where it mounts between the frame horns.

- - - Updated - - -

I just look and its out of stock. $30.00 is that a mis print. If not no wonder its out of stock.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Thank's DOG , I will check them out. Looks like you remove the tail boom supports. My 500 has the boom mounted tail servo, will the fuse clear it or will I have to change it to a pro style one where it mounts between the frame horns.

It's a tight fit. You can use the tail servo mounted on the boom. Mine is the same way but I had to rotate the tail servo to make it fit. A little sanding on the fuselage around my servo arms hand to be done. Maybe because I have a DFC head on it but with a little fine tune adjusting, it works and looks sick, like you mention. :shhh: I'm waiting for the fuselage to become available again so I can get another one for back up.

- - - Updated - - -

Trust me it's been like that since it's been out of stock. The fuselage goes for $99.95 but I got it on sale for $59.95. That $30.00 deal well... If it sound to good to be true, your probably right.

mousie

Thanks for the info DOG. My bird is a converted DFC also. Glad to here you made it work. I will be watching helidirect closely for when they are back in stock.

Top Bottom